• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

I just called and had a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55 and 55- 300 lens kit put on hold if it comes in today. Anyone have this camera have pros/cons for me? I like that it is a little smaller and fits my hands well.
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,048 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

I have a D-90, so no advice from me. Enjoy your new camera!

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,757 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

Enjoy your new camera, Dee - it sounds as if it has everything you need lens-wise and you can't go wrong with those lenses!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 DaveUK

DaveUK

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:04 AM

Hi Dee!

I have just got the 3100's big brother, the D5000. I had a D3100 over a weekend (kind friend) and I enjoyed using it very much. The only reason I went for the D5000 was that it had a few more options available as regards exposure settings etc.

I found the D3100 excellent to use, not too heavy, not to light. For a guy, I have small hands, and I found the camera was quite comfy to hold, even with a big lens on it. Nice and responsive on the autofocus and the images seemed to be nice and sharp. I found it very easy to be able to adjust things without takiing my eye from the viewfinder, and, on the occasions that I used the LCD, I found the information presented on screen to be just about right (although you can customise this).

All in all I thought it was a good DSLR. Not too complicated, but also not too simple. The kit lenses are more than adequate for general photography. I think you would do quite well if you chose this "enthusiasts" camera!. As I said, the only reason I went for the D5000 was the range of exposure options it offered.

And its a Nikon! What more could you want! lol
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I Love My Mac Because All My Friends Live In It!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users