Nikon D3100

DDecker

I just called and had a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55 and 55- 300 lens kit put on hold if it comes in today. Anyone have this camera have pros/cons for me? I like that it is a little smaller and fits my hands well.

Hi Dee!

I have just got the 3100's big brother, the D5000. I had a D3100 over a weekend (kind friend) and I enjoyed using it very much. The only reason I went for the D5000 was that it had a few more options available as regards exposure settings etc.

I found the D3100 excellent to use, not too heavy, not to light. For a guy, I have small hands, and I found the camera was quite comfy to hold, even with a big lens on it. Nice and responsive on the autofocus and the images seemed to be nice and sharp. I found it very easy to be able to adjust things without takiing my eye from the viewfinder, and, on the occasions that I used the LCD, I found the information presented on screen to be just about right (although you can customise this).

All in all I thought it was a good DSLR. Not too complicated, but also not too simple. The kit lenses are more than adequate for general photography. I think you would do quite well if you chose this "enthusiasts" camera!. As I said, the only reason I went for the D5000 was the range of exposure options it offered.

And its a Nikon! What more could you want! lol

Archived