Cs5 & Acdsee

michgirl

I recently upgraded to CS5 and I use ACDSee 12 for all of my scrap supplies. Previously, with CS4, I could view my brushes from ACDSee and drag them into Photoshop as needed. However, the latest version of CS5 does not allow that. It tells me it is unable to open the file. Does anyone else use both of these products; if so, have you been able to find a solution?

Thanks!

Robin, with my CS5 I'm able to simply double-click on things like brushes, styles, and actions and have them load in Photoshop. Can you try that from your ACDSee?

(Don't use ACDSee anymore or else I'd check for you!)

Heidi -

Thanks for the reply, double clicking doesn't work either :-( guess I will keep working at it. It was a very handy feature!

Thanks again -

• 4 weeks later...

YEAH!! It is fixed - not sure who "fixed it" - but after installing latest updates from both ACDsee & Adobe CS5, I can once again view brushed in ACDsee and drag them into CS5. YES - that was too good of a feature to give up.

Hi Robin, I'm just curious. Did you upgrade to ACDSee 12 from an earlier version and did everything automatically transfer into the new upgrade or was there transferring of information required by you? Also, is there enough difference between this version and your older version to make an upgrade worthwhile. I have an older version and CS5 and am on the fence about an upgrade. Thanks.

Hi Robin, I'm just curious. Did you upgrade to ACDSee 12 from an earlier version and did everything automatically transfer into the new upgrade or was there transferring of information required by you? Also, is there enough difference between this version and your older version to make an upgrade worthwhile. I have an older version and CS5 and am on the fence about an upgrade. Thanks.

Katie -

I upgraded from 10, and there really wasn't that much of a difference. 10 was buggy, though, and sometimes would freeze up. I have yet to have 12 freeze. It has the capability to burn a slide show to DVD, which my version did not. And I was able to keep all of my tags. I think I backed up my database from my earlier version and then I was able to import it to my new version. I didn't uninstall my previous version until I was sure all was well.

I did not use ACDsee 10 with CS5, so not sure if it worked the same, but what I love about ACDsee 12 and CS5 is I can just drag my scrap supplies from ACDsee into CS5 and it drops it directly unto my layout, rather than a new tab that I would have to then drag. What I also like about the two together is when I am doing a 4 x 6 layout and drop a 12 x 12 paper, it re-sizes the paper to fit the 4 x 6. I could not be without ACDsee for my scrap supplies, that is the only thing I use it for. Hope this helps.

Archived