Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

Jumpstart January is back!

We challenge you to start your year with fun and focus on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little speedbumps of life. When the month is over, you'll have completed several layouts and been challenged and treated to some fun along the way.

A member of the Welcoming Committee will post a mini-challenge/task every day, Monday - Saturday from January 1-30 in the Games folder on the Message Board. Check out the game thread titled "January Jumpstart 2011" for complete details and rules.

Those who complete all tasks and submit or post required participation by 11:59pm MT on January 31st will be entered in a drawing to win one of three $10 Gift Certificates to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Those who complete just the layouts will be entered in a separate drawing to win one of three $5 gift certificates. (Those who complete all tasks will have their name entered in both drawings!) Winners will be announced in the newsletter on Saturday, February 5th.

Two ways to participate -

*Complete all tasks/challenges/layouts and submit task log to games@scrapgirls.com.

*Complete just the layouts and upload to the Jumpstart January

gallery.

Post questions and links as needed here in the official thread. Use the Chit Chat thread for encouragement.

Here are the tasks, I will update the list each day.

Sat 1st -Task 1

Check out the ScrapGirls University or Newsletters for a tutorial you have been meaning to workthrough. Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a linkto the tutorial or newsletter and what you learned.

Mon 3rd -Task 2

Review your scrapsupplies and unzip/organize anything you have not done yet.

Tues 4th -Task3

Make a list ofproducts you love and just had to have but have not used for an upcoming task.Requirement: Post links to three products in the game thread.

Wed 5th -Task 4 -Layout Requirement

Take a photo of aspecial keepsake and create a layout around it using products from task 3.Requirement: Post a link to the layout in the Scrap Girls Gallery in the gamethread.

Thurs 6th -Task 5

Go through yoursoftware and find a tool you have yet to use. Use the help section of theprogram to learn what it does and play with it. Requirement: Post what tool youchose and what you learned. Do you think you will use it?

Fri 7th -Task 6

Download photos fromyour camera and organize them. Share with friends and family through an onlinegallery, Facebook, email or other online method. Requirement: post in thethread how you shared the photos.

Sat 8th -Task 7 -Layout Requirement

Choose a photo youshared and using what you learned in task one and five as well as products fromyour "unused stash" list from task 4 to create a layout. Requirement:upload layout to gallery and post link in game thread.

Mon 10th -Task 8

What's outside yourwindow? Take a photo of what you see outside your window. You can use a house,car or any other window. Requirement: Link a 72dpi 300 px in the game thread with metadata.

Tues 11th -Task 9

Journal about thephoto in task 8 for an upcoming layout.

Wed 12th -Task 10

Browse the boutiquefor a journaling product and add your journaling from task 9. Requirement: postlink to journaling product in the game thread.

Thurs 13th -Task 11- Layout Requirement

Create a layoutusing photo from task 8 and journaling from task 10 and products you have notused but just had to have. Requirement: upload to the Jumpstart January Galleryand link back to the game thread.

Fri 14th -Task 12

"Leavelove" (post comments) on 10 layouts in the gallery that have 2 or fewercomments. Requirement: Link your favorite of the 10 in the game thread.

Sat 15th -Task 13

Haveyou always wanted to know how to do something digiscrapping but have not asked or researched yet? It could be aproduct in the boutique, tool in your software or something related to theScrap Girls Forums. Requirement: Start a thread with the question or techniquein the Digital Techniques forum and link it to the game thread.

Mon 17th -Task 14

How well do you knowyour camera? Take at least 4 photos using different settings on your camera anddownload them to your computer.

Tues 18th -Task 15

Browse the galleryfor a layout you would love to scraplift. Requirement: Leave love on at least 5 layouts andlink your favorite to the game thread.

Wed 19th -Task 16 -Layout requirement

Using the layoutfrom task 15, one or more of the photos from task 14 and the technique fromtask 13, create a layout Requirement: upload it to the gallery and link to itin the game thread.

Thur 20th -Task 17

Search the designers gallery for something to share about your favorite designer. Requirement: share something you love about your favorite designer that you found in one of their layouts and link the layout to the game thread.

Fri 21st -Task 18

Do you have a template, technique or embellishment that you use with creating EVERY layout? Requirement: Share with us what the product or technique is and how or why you use it so often. How do you make it uniquely yours?

Sat 22nd -Task 19

Leave a welcoming comment on 6 new members profiles and don't forget to check out their galleries while you are there. Not sure how to find new members? Check out the Meet and Greet forum or click the Members tab and then sort by Join date. New members are found on the LAST pages.

Mon 24th -Task 20

Do you have old photos that you have or have had scanned? Are you planning on scanning photos or slides and not started yet? We will be using older photos on an upcoming layout so it's time to get started! Search the boutique for word art that complements your photo. Requirement: Link the word art product to the game thread. We understand that not everyone is has or is able to purchase products from the boutique so feel free to find one that would work and post it even if you are unable to use it on the upcoming layout.

Tue 25th -Task 21 - Layout Requirement

Create a layout using a photo that was taken at least 10 years ago and the word art from task 10 and make sure to point out to us your product/technique from task 18. Requirement: Upload layout to the Jumpstart January gallery and link It back to the game thread.

Wed 26th -Task 22

Are you participating in the Photo Club? You can check it out here:

Scrap Girls Photo Club. Requirement: Choose one of the challenges and take photos for an upcoming layout.

Thurs 27th -Task 23

Use the theme search in the Boutique to find products that work with your photo from task 22. Requirement: Link at least 3 products you find to the game thread along with the Theme words you used to search.

Fri 28th -Task 24 - Gallery posting challenge! Post your current Gallery count in the game thread and then spend the weekend leaving love. Requirement: Post your new count in the game thread on Monday the 31st. Not sure how to find your total comments? Go to your gallery and click on your name, you will find your Stats in your user information.

Sat 29th -Task 25 - Layout Requirement

Use your best photofrom task 22 and products from task 23 to create a layout. Use at least 3filters, styles, actions or plug in's when creating your layout.

Requirement:Upload layout to the Jumpstart January gallery and link It back to the gamethread.

Mon 31st - Task 26

Catch up on the tasks you have not finished yet.

*Bonus Layout requirement

If you have time; find a layout that you created as a paper scrapper or one you have been meaning to redo digitally and redo the layout. Requirement: Take a photo of your paper page and upload layouts (original & redone) to the Jumpstart January gallery and link It back to the game thread.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan 1 - task 1

Check out the Scrap Girls University or past newsletters for a tutorial you have been meaning to try and work through it.

Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter and describe what you learned, ask a question for help or post an image to what you created. Add the link to a document to be submitted at the end of the month.

Digital Design Software Subforums

*If you use software that does not have it's own subforum you can start a new thread in the general DD Software forum itself.

The requirement says to start a thread in the forum for our software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter. How do we link to past newsletter tutorials if we can't find that tutorial in the University? I save most of my newsletters so I have those tutorials, but I don't see them in the University to provide a link to them. TIA :)

just found this now. Do we need to keep a word document of all the stuff we do? Is there a thread we post to to show what we have done? Or just to talk about the challanges?

Where is today's challange???

Thanks!!!

just found this now. Do we need to keep a word document of all the stuff we do? Is there a thread we post to to show what we have done? Or just to talk about the challanges?

Thanks!!!

There wasn't a task today. Just the first one yesterday! I'll be anxious to see what tomorrow's challenge will be!

Here is the JJ Chit Chat Thread

on my PSE 7 i played around with my straigten too. and I could make my LO tilt and it filled in the background with the color that I chose. But I want to know what is the best use of this tool.

Thanks!!!

Challenges will be posted Monday - Saturday.

There is a chit chat thread and I will post the link in the OP

you should start a word doc yes and we will tell you if you are to put your task there, the gallery or forum

Tuesday Jan 4 - Task 3

Make a list of products you love and just had to have but have not used for an upcoming task. Requirement: Post links to three products from the boutique in the game thread.

Suggestion -

If you use Picasa or Windows you can star them to make it easy to find them later

I hope this is the thread in which you meant for us to post....... I will move this if not!

LOL, this one is easy and hard! Easy because I have so many I had to have! Hard because I don't know which of the many to choose!

I flipped over Amanda Sok's Trendy Circles Brush Set when I saw it in the NL yesterday!

I love the papers in Valerie's Gold and Silver Collection Biggie.

I am anxious to try out Syndee's Retro Photo 6301 Action.

Not sure how much I need to post here but I'll make what I have so far all one post.

Task one: Custom Shapes Tutorial by Keri Schueller Task one LO post on message board Making my own shape was quite easy.

Task Two: Did this one yesterday without even knowing this was the task. Good for me.

Task Three: 1- Amanda Sok's Etoile Moderne Collection http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21215/Etoile-Moderne-Collection (just used 2 papers this morning hope that counts)

2- Brandy Hackman's ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Expedition Passport Stamps Super Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/7418/

3- Robert Schneider's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Seersucker Linens http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/18426/

Task1, Task 2, and Task 3, completed! Woo! Hoo!

Task 3 took a long time to do and I'm totally pleased that I don't have to list all of the kits that I haven't used yet. I better get using some of the supplies that I've collected. roflol

Here's three of them:

DEB_SS_Paper_RattyTatty

KVE_A Victorian Hldy_ScrapPack

VRA_Utopia_Alpha Biggie

TASK 3

brush set Happy New Year

artsy font

Styles: Old Frames

now do we have to add these to our word doc or just post them here?

You don't have to add them to your word doc but if you do it makes it much faster for us to verify. :)

Oops, posted Tasks 1 and 2 over on the Chit Chat thread. I was thinking that this was for you only, but am finally catching on- LOL! And only three days later! Should I move those here?Anyway, Tasks 1,2 and 3 done and saved in a doc.

Oops, posted Tasks 1 and 2 over on the Chit Chat thread. I was thinking that this was for you only, but am finally catching on- LOL! And only three days later! Should I move those here?Anyway, Tasks 1,2 and 3 done and saved in a doc.

If they are in your doc don't worry about moving them. :)

I thought the same thing...

Task 3

I can't believe how many items I've bought and haven't used yet!

1. Brush Set: Music Quotes
http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/14561/

Dynamic Brush Set: Musical Notes 5701 Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/14559/

GraphX Collection Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/6795/

ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Crumpled Paper 6301 http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21278/

Wed 5th -Task 4 - Layout Requirement

Take a photo of a special keepsake and create a layout around it using products from task 3(you can use any of the products you have unzipped and not used yet, not just the ones you posted links for). Requirement: Post a link to the layout in the Scrap Girls Gallery in the game thread.

Take a photo of a special keepsake and create a layout around it using products from task 3. Requirement: Post a link to the layout in the Scrap Girls Gallery in the game thread.

will you post the link to which gallery just to keep confusion down. Thanks

Take a photo of a special keepsake and create a layout around it using products from task 3. Requirement: Post a link to the layout in the Scrap Girls Gallery in the game thread.

will you post the link to which gallery just to keep confusion down. Thanks

The link is in post #1 of this thread :)

Archived