Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #3 products i had to have but haven't used

Styles Pack: FreehandColoring 2 Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/18808/Styles-Pack%3A-Freehand-Coloring-2-Biggie

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Slate http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/20860/ScrapSimple-Paper-Templates%3A-Slate

ScrapSimple Tools: Styles: Chalk Fill Vivid 9901 Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/20871/

i really like that chalk line...with 4 kids and one on the way, i'm expecting to use it a lot

Thurs 6th -Task 5

Go through your software and find a tool you have yet to use. Use the help section of the program to learn what it does and play with it.

Requirement: Post what software you use and which tool you chose and what you learned. Do you think you will use it?

Task 5

I use PSE 7. The tool I chose is the zoom tool. Using the tool increases/decreases magnification of the image. I very seldom (if ever) use it. Normally I use my mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Sometimes I use Ctrl + and Ctrl - and the scroll wheel. I will probably continue to use the scroll wheel, Ctrl + and Ctrl - because this is what I'm used to and it just seems easier for me.

TASK 5

i use cs 5 and i chose the smudge tool...i have never used it but i now have heidi's shadow actions and she suggests using the smudge tool...i read the help section and opened up a paper and a flower i applied heidir shadow actions and then tried the directions for how to use the smudge tool...i dont think i really got a very good idea how to use it.. i am still a bit confused...i am wondering if heidi could demonstrate the smudge tool used with her action in a video...i love those videos that brandy and snyndee have done... very helpful...i guess i just need some visual..i would like to learn more about the smudge tool and use it with heidis shadow action... i think making good shadows helps in making a good lo so that is why i bought the action...

Task 5: Wow, this was cool! I used the sponge tool (I use PSE8). I don't think I'd ever even seen that tool before. It changes the saturation and I can see lots of possibilities for using this tool! I will definitely use this tool!

thats another tool i dont use..will have to check that out

Task 5 - I use PSE4 & while I have messed with each of the tools at least once I don't use the sponge much either. I do like the way it desaturates without an extra step - sort of like using a brush, & can see myself using it a bit more often.

JJumpstart Task 5

Started with B & W photo

Choose a filter or a color of your choice and modify the Density until you are satisfied with the result. For a soft look check the box 'Preserve Luminosity' Click OK

Move the sliders 'Amount' and 'Height' until you are satisfied with the result. Click OK

Height 71 Amount 90 Angle 100

Also used the Burn Tool on the original photo.

BMU MegaLift

Fri 7th -Task 6

Download photos from your camera and organize them. Share with friends and family through an online gallery, Facebook, email or other online method.

Requirement: post in this thread how you shared the photos.

All caught up! I like the way the tasks vary in difficulty. It took two days for me to do task 4, but for task 6 all it takes is the time to post here.

Task 4. I don't keep keepsakes much, so I had to think about this for a while, along with the challenge of fitting in time for scrapbooking. Finally I thought of my diaries and journals I have kept since age 9 and realized I've never photographed them! So here I present my most precious (because of being so irreplaceable) objects. MY LAYOUT: Young Journaler

Task 5: I have recently upgraded from PSE5 to PSE9 and while I can't say I've never ever played with the dodge and burn tools, I haven't really used them productively yet. According to the Help files, "The Dodge tool and the Burn tool lighten or darken areas of the image. You can use the Dodge tool to bring out details in shadows and the Burn tool to bring out details in highlights." Yes, I am sure I will use the dodge and burn tools as I develop my design skills. I'm slowly learning to create my own elements, and I know these tools help create curls and other features like that.

Task 6: I had no photos on my camera because I usually transfer them to my computer every day I take pictures, and I organize them into folders by date, ie "2011 01 06." Then, as soon as I transfer them to my computer, I upload them to my Smugmug account which I've been using for over three years. I am currently remodeling my Smugmug site so I can begin sharing some photos publicly, and some are already public, so you can take a look if you'd like.

Task 4 Keepsake LO

Task 5: I use PSE7.0. I tried out the Detail Smart brush. I like that you can color little areas...You could add color to a B&W photo or just change colors in the photo. You can also enhance the sky or green of the grass if needed. I will definitely keep it in mind when I have a photo that just seems washed out to me. Or need to change a shirt color to fit a layout better :)

I was going to try out the Smart Brush but wasn't seeing what it did. Anybody used this before?

Task 6: Did this Yesterday. How cool is that! I put them up on facebook usually.

Task 6:

Transferred photos from my camera to my PC and sent to family. I don't use Facebook or any online galleries for photo sharing. I only send photos via email.

I did task 6 before I even read it today. LOL I downloaded my newest pictures last night & emailed 3 to my mom (I was showing her how awful my eyes look - somehow I managed to break some capillaries & they are streaked with red). Fun eh? I organized all of my new shots this morning into folders according to event.

task #5- tools

I use PSE9 and there is a smart brush tool. I have never used it with my old version. This one can make things greener, or brighter or darker or contrast or change to black and white. Can also make teeth whiter and lips pinker!! What the heck!! I have never done this ever. I don't know if I would ever use it. I find I just use my pictures the way they are. I don't ever change them. Hmmm makes me think about this tool more that is for sure. Never knew what it did so I never touched it. LOL

Task #6 Deleted card from camera. I don't post my pictures anywhere. I guess I have no one far to share photo's with. I usually just keep them for myself.

task #5- tools

I use PSE9 and there is a smart brush tool. I have never used it with my old version. This one can make things greener, or brighter or darker or contrast or change to black and white. Can also make teeth whiter and lips pinker!! What the heck!! I have never done this ever. I don't know if I would ever use it. I find I just use my pictures the way they are. I don't ever change them. Hmmm makes me think about this tool more that is for sure. Never knew what it did so I never touched it. LOL

This sounds interesting. I hope you use it and tells us how it's done.

Archived