Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

Task 8.

I wish I could figure out a way to copy and paste the metadata (all at one time) from the properties. Anyone know how to do that?

Here is my info, and it is the camera on the "P" function and auto all the way, LOL! I came out of Best Buy yesterday just at sunset and saw this view above the parking lot. Took this from my car.

Metadata:

Date Time:1/10/2011 5:17 PM

Canon Powershot XS 130 IS

Shutter Speed 1/250 seconds

F Stop: f/5.0

Aperture Value: f/5.0

Max Aperture Value: f/4.5

ISO Speed: 80

Focal Length: 14.7 mm

Flash: Did not fire (No strobe return detection (0); Compulsory flash suppression (2))

Metering Mode: Evaluative

A screen-shot would work.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've cheated a little and taken a taken a photo of the rising flood waters just below my street. Taken at 6.30 am this morning. Bad news: the water will continue to rise today and tomorrow. Good news: It's stopped raining.

Meta data:

Olympus C760UZ

72.0 dpi

F/3.2

Focal length 29.6

12/01/2011

post-20822-0-55007400-1294788458_thumb.jpg

Task 8.

I wish I could figure out a way to copy and paste the metadata (all at one time) from the properties. Anyone know how to do that?

Here is my info, and it is the camera on the "P" function and auto all the way, LOL! I came out of Best Buy yesterday just at sunset and saw this view above the parking lot. Took this from my car.

Metadata:

Date Time:1/10/2011 5:17 PM

Canon Powershot XS 130 IS

Shutter Speed 1/250 seconds

F Stop: f/5.0

Aperture Value: f/5.0

Max Aperture Value: f/4.5

ISO Speed: 80

Focal Length: 14.7 mm

Flash: Did not fire (No strobe return detection (0); Compulsory flash suppression (2))

Metering Mode: Evaluative

A screen-shot would work.

I thought of that but thought I would have to save it as a jpg rather than do a copy/paste. Hmm, didn't try it out, though. Off to try it now. Thanks!

Woo hoo! I'm back in town and ready to start the 'Jumpstart January 2011' board game. I'm a little behind, but I'll get caught up soon. Loved last years Jumpstart January game, and I'm sure I'll love this years as well.

Off I go to check out Task 1.

Woo hoo! I'm back in town and ready to start the 'Jumpstart January 2011' board game. I'm a little behind, but I'll get caught up soon. Loved last years Jumpstart January game, and I'm sure I'll love this years as well.

Off I go to check out Task 1.

welcome back carol

Wed 12th -Task 10

Browse the boutique for a journaling product and add your journaling from task 9.

Requirement: post link to journaling product in the official game thread.

for task 9 about the journaling....do we have to post anything or what do we do when we did it? confused ( what else is new??? LOL)

You are using it again for today's task and then for an upcoming layout so you don't need to do anything with it until you upload the layout.

Jumpstart January - Task 5

I'm a little behind because I've been reading tuts and doing a few things that have delayed me. I'm sure that I'll catch up and if I don't, I'm certainly enjoying the journey. :-)

I've been playing with PSE9, because I'm considering upgrading to it from PSE7, on my Laptop PC, with Win7.

I've used dodge, burn and other settings in the layers palette, but never used the separate dodge or burn tools, in the tools panel before. I've found that they can be both used at the same time on one layer, to adjust shading (burn) and highlighting (dodge).

My photo that I took through the screen door was dull looking, although it had a bright spot of sun. I used the burn tool, with a large soft brush, at 30% and dabbed around the outer edge, making it darker. I then used the same brush, with the same settings, but with the dodge brush and dabbed a bit around the centre area, which brightened it and the harsh sun didn't seem as harsh. A little dab with the burn brush over the cardinal on the bird feeder and you can almost see it. lol

I enjoyed the process and the results so much that I made a layout with the photo and posted it in the UFO challenge, because I've wanted to do something with that photo for a long time. Yes, I would definately use these tools again!!! Thank you for the wonderful challenge. :-)

Through the Screen Door

Wed 12th -Task 10

Browse the boutique for a journaling product and add your journaling from task 9.

Ok i'm a little confused. are we suppose just look for a journeling product and post a link to it. Or actually buy it??? i don't own any from the boutique so i'm not sure how i'd add my journeling to it if we are to just Browse

I was sick with the flu for part of last week and then I couldn't get motivated to get started again. So I'm playing catch-up.

Task 4: LO Like Father and Son

Task 5: Learned the burn tool, here is a before and after using the burn tool

Task 6: Shared photos on facebook album End of 2010

Task 7: LO Grandmausing my newly purchased collection by Amanda Sok, one of the pictures I uploaded to facebook, and the two things I've learned (my new shape and the burn tool)

Task 8: photo-Out my window

Task #8 done I have no idea where to find the metadata!! Sorry folks!look here

I just realized I have no idea how to post a picture on to a post!! Sorry so you will have to look at the gallery to see it. Sorry about that!

Task 9: Journaling

Journaling- I look out the window, you wouldn't think its about 60 degrees outsides. Seeing the gas tank reminds

me that I need to go out there and check our gas levels. I know we're getting close to needing to call Barnets.

The sky is beautiful, our mountains are peaceful. Even our weeds look at peace. I live in a wonderful place.

Task 10: Journaling Product

Journaling labels from Syndee Nuckles "A Collage Unleashed" Collection Biggie http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/8791/A-Collage-Unleashed-Collection-Biggie

Yeah all caught up.

Wed 12th -Task 10

Ok i'm a little confused. are we suppose just look for a journeling product and post a link to it. Or actually buy it??? i don't own any from the boutique so i'm not sure how i'd add my journeling to it if we are to just Browse

We don't typically require challenges to use SG specific products so you can use what you have. Maybe you can look for some that are similar to what you have or maybe start a wish list and post those links?

Thurs 13th -Task 11 - Layout Requirement

Create a layout using photo from task 8 and journaling from task 10 and products you have not used but just had to have.

Requirement: upload to the Jumpstart January Gallery and link back to the game thread.

Thurs 13th -Task 11 - Layout Requirement

Create a layout using photo from task 8 and journaling from task 10 and products you have not used but just had to have.

Requirement: upload to the Jumpstart January Gallery and link back to the game thread.

Should the products we "have not used but had to have" be products from the list in task 3, or can we use other products we have not yet used?

You are all having such fun with Jumpstart January - afraid I'm soooo not jumping at all right now into anything! But I'm enjoying reading all of your comments here and seeing your progress - I'll be back one of these days - honestly, why couldn't I have done the broken rib thing when I was 20!!!! Would it have been any easier?

Archived