Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to do task #1 and couldn't complete it. I don't know what is wrong, but I try to follow the directions for Using ScrapSimple Styles with ScrapSimple Paper Templates in the November 17th newsletter and can't get past the first step. The Select>Inverse is greyed out and so I can't continue with the instructions. I use PSE9 and these instructions are for Adobe Photoshop CS5 with Mac OS X. I tried several other Tut's and similar things happen. Don't understand it and it's very, very annoying and stressful.

Okay, I finally figured it all out and completed Task #1.

Task #3 -- Made a list of the products that I had to have, but have not used yet. Posting three of those here in this thread.

1. http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21303/Garden-Letters-Collection

2. http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21485/Patchwork-Quilt%3A-Dreams-Collection-Mini

3. http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21643/Unforgettable-Collection-Mini

I still haven't done Mon or Tues tasks, however I will be back on TASK tomorrow! :) Had to take care of my hubby & as a result I lost almost an entire night's sleep (he was sick, & had a show on to fall to sleep to). I can't sleep with noise or any kind of light - I've been that way my whole life, so I finally realized he had fallen asleep & the movie was over & just repeating the opening menu after 2. I get up at 5:20. I was not happy! LOL

I tried to do task #1 and couldn't complete it. I don't know what is wrong, but I try to follow the directions for Using ScrapSimple Styles with ScrapSimple Paper Templates in the November 17th newsletter and can't get past the first step. The Select>Inverse is greyed out and so I can't continue with the instructions. I use PSE9 and these instructions are for Adobe Photoshop CS5 with Mac OS X. I tried several other Tut's and similar things happen. Don't understand it and it's very, very annoying and stressful.

I can't do the 'inverse' thing either, I just erase the bits I do not want. :disappearing-smilie:

Task 14... used custom white balance... pretty funny as i had to take a photo first of a white card...so my dgs, 22 months old was my "assistant"..he actually held up the card and loved being my photo "helper"...then i did a bunch of photos with him as the model...i did a few photos without the custom wb and i think they do look different... and the custom wb was better... i think his skin tones and clothing looked just right on for the color but the backround of the curtains color is off...oh well... good chance to try something new... and i think it did help

Wed 19th -Task 16 - Layout requirement

Using the layout from task 15, one or more of the photos from task 14 and the technique from task 13, create a layout

Requirement: upload it to the gallery and link to it in the game thread.

Task 14 - decided to shoot my "tools of the trade" playing with a couple of settings I don't usually have much success with. I used night setting for my dimly lit gym, still-life setting for a closeup of my dumbbells, lanscape mode for my heavy bag, & portrait for the treadmill panel. Honestly, the only one that really looks much different from my normal photos was the low light because it is a little blurry (I need to get a tripod) & brighter than the others.

I tried following the tutorial and had the same result. After playing around a bit I was able to select the layer and get the marching ants by holding ctrl and clicking on the thumb nail. Because Inverse is a selection tool it will be grayed out if there is no selection which is what happened when I did the Alt+click. Since you are on a Mac try CMD+Click the thumb nail and see if that helps any,

I will not be able to use a technique from task 13 since my Q was about issues with things not loading that used to work in my program. Will my LO still count since I can only use the actions that will load?

Task 13--started a thread on whether or not people try to make their digi LOs look like paper. I was challenged to let go of that notion and go 'chunky'.

Task 14--photo of my youngest DD. I got tired of paying high prices for mediocre school portraits so decided to do it myself this year. This is hers.

Task 15--chose this LO by Brandy Murry, figuring it would challenge me to go 'chunky' if the LO task required us to use task 13

Task 16--my LO Sweet Sarah

Thur 20th -Task 17

Search the designers gallery for something to share about your favorite designer.

Requirement: share something you love about your favorite designer that you found in one of their layouts and link the layout to the game thread.

Caught up again :)

In task 14 last Monday at my son's soccer game I used sports mode, no-flash mode, changed the picture style a couple of times (including monotone), used both aperture and shutter priority modes, changed the white balance, changed the focus method, and more. I'm studying photography and I'm always playing with my camera settings.

For task 15 the layout I chose to scraplift is Dot's The Snow Is Landing.

Here is my layout for task 16: Waiting for Soccer Class to End in which I used extraction via adjustment layer, the technique I asked about in task 13.

Today, for task 17 one of Melanie Johnson's layouts, Blessings of Spring, caught my eye. All four of her sons were born in the spring, and her wedding was in the spring too!

task 17 MOI by Brandy Murry

there are very few lo that brandy does with her in them...but this is one! from holland where she lives.

she usually has layouts with have great photos of others, espec her niece lily and nephew wes

its so nice to see you Brandy!

Archived