Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

In catch up mode:

Task 14:

My compact Olympus C760 was state of the art when I bought it in 2004. It still takes great pictures but because got a lot of auto type settings, I used the Auto, Macro and Landscape settings with and without flash. All of the same subject.

Task 15:

Went exploring and chose to scraplift Jan Hicks' Close, Closer, Closest and left comments on the work of:

Sheri Johnson’s SJO_AutumnHarmony_Pp

Valerie Randall’s New York City!

Ang Campbell’s Regal Reds and Gorgeous Greens

Durin Eberhart’s Express Yourself

Jan Hick’s Close Closer Closest

Task 16

Layout of photos taken in Task 14: A Spiders' Airy Citadel

Task 17

I really liked Brandy Murry's "Curiouser and Curiouser". Brandy sees art in the ordinary and the day to day and her work has a slight retro feel. She comes up with some wonderful supplies and designs. She's not afraid to turn her back the obviously "cute" but her children's layouts still manage to celebrate the wonder of a child experiencing life for the first time.

Unfortunately, I can't find the link to the layout I chose. If I find it I'll come back and add it.

Task 18

I nearly always use the magic wand selection and paste into / onto. It is so versatile and gives me great control of my layouts. I love to capture images in unusual items.

Task 19

completed.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 14 I will complete tomorrow after I take some pictures outside in the snow.

Task 15 Completed. Left love for five designers. It was tough to decide which one I wanted to scraplift. So I chose One Cute Chick by Marnie Adams. The other one that I fell in love with was Varanda's The Beastie Boys. So I might be doing two scraplifts.

Went back and completed Task #14. Interesting things I can do with my camera. I think I need to get the Instruction Manual from Olympus. Might help me with getting to know my camera. Don't ya think?????

Task 15 Completed

Working on Task 16 now.

See ya gals later.

task 21..scanned photos... used LR adj photos and also heidi shadows and the word art from erica book worm

this is a page for my family heritage book..i am viewing it as the chapter divider and after this page i will have pages with lo with some of these photos and lots more

task 19 I searched the member list by join date and commented on the first six newest members who had avatar photos.

task 20 I decided to scrap some photos of my husband and I falling in love over 16 years ago. I don't have money to spend so I searched for word art on my computer first. I found a word art ribbon slide that says "love you" that had been a freebie coordinating with Julie White's Year Round Collection Biggie.

task 21 my layout: Falling In Love

task 22 I've been participating in the photo club since the beginning and I have taken photos for the first two challenges of this year that are posted. I will soon be taking something for the third challenge.

Task 22 - semi-pending... I assume if we haven't been participating we can select whichever challenge appeals to us regardless of the week it was intended for? If so I have shot the photos I wanted to get today, if not, well, I will shoot new ones tomorrow! LOL

Task 20: Word Art to complement photo.....I knew I wanted to use a photo of my Mother, so found WA I liked in Paula Wright's Ancestry Collection. I added the word "My" from Brandy Murry's Blessed Be Collection, and the word "remember" from Melissa Renfro's Inspired Collection.

Task 21: Layout of my Mom and me in a photo taken in 1951. I think she looks pretty in it. My Mother.

Thurs 27th -Task 23

Use the theme search in the Boutique to find products that work with your photo from task 22. Requirement: Link at least 3 products you find to the game thread along with the Theme words you used to search.

Task 22 - I chose the challenge from August Week 5 Abstract Art

Task 23 - Under the Occupation Work themes I found Cameras and More Collection Mini

I searched the word Photography and found ScrapSimple Layer Your Own: Stamped Specifics

I searched the word Photographic and found Brush Set: Photographic

Under the word Abstract I found Abstract Expressionism Collection Biggie and ScrapSimple Photo Templates: Circles 3801

Task 22: I have been participating in the photo club this year so I have already taken 2 photos and have another assignment to complete.

Task 23: I did a search on "potpourri" and came up with the following:

Autumn Potpourri Embellishments

I also searched on "nature" and come up with these:

Mossy Collection

Stylize Embellishments

Task 20: Word Art to complement photo.....I knew I wanted to use a photo of my Mother, so found WA I liked in Paula Wright's Ancestry Collection. I added the word "My" from Brandy Murry's Blessed Be Collection, and the word "remember" from Melissa Renfro's Inspired Collection.

Task 21: Layout of my Mom and me in a photo taken in 1951. I think she looks pretty in it. My Mother.

Forgot the rest...LOL!

I forgot to add my info from Task 18 on this layout. I did use Heidi's Clarify Action, and using the built in stop added a layer mask, erased the action/sharpening from the bg and kept it on the photo. I also added a darker curves adjustment and a sepia color filter in brown at 27% to the entire LO as a final step (as opposed to the sepia photo filter, but in the same category.) It toned down the page just a (barely perceptible) bit. I did not use a brush in the end, but did use Ariadna's Blended Style on the word art "My," which blended it into the flowers, and on the journaling, which blended it into the paper a bit. I have come to love this style. It took some practice for me to get comfortable with it. I became much more conscious of it after Bobbie's great Jumpstart January thread on blending text into background.

Task 22 - I've taken photos for every Photo Club challenge this year. I'm going to scrap pictures from the latest challenge.

Task 23 - For my photo of books important to me, I searched in school and miscellaneous themes and found:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/13514/Writing-Paper-Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/15285/Artistry-Collection-Mini

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/13213/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Templates%3A-House-and-Home

Task 22 - semi-pending... I assume if we haven't been participating we can select whichever challenge appeals to us regardless of the week it was intended for? If so I have shot the photos I wanted to get today, if not, well, I will shoot new ones tomorrow! LOL

You sure can!

Fri 28th -Task 24 - Gallery posting challenge!

Post your current Gallery count in the game thread and then spend the weekend leaving love.

Requirement: Post your new count in the game thread on Monday the 31st. Not sure how to find your total comments? Go to your gallery and click on your name, you will find your Stats in your user information.

Task 24

I think this is the right post count to put here. If it's not, I'll repost! lol

Active Posts: 7,954 (15.46 per day)

I'm not sure if I'll get a lot of posting done this weekend, but will try. I have to finish my tasks and post them, finish the swap info and post the layout, as well as a couple of other little things and I'm usually not on-line too much on the weekend because DH is home. Perhaps he'll be understanding! Fingers X'd! lol :-)

Here's the info from my Gallery Page:

Stats

• Total Images: 281
  • Total Comments: 3033
  • Disk space Used: 90.62MB

Archived