Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 8 is done

Task 9 is done

Task 10 - I chose a journaling page from BMU_Shabby Fabulous Collection Biggie which contains several journaling products that can be used.

Task 11 - Layout Using Tasks 3-8-10 Snowy Day

Although it wasn't required, I posted a question to the forum to find out how to make a line frame with a word in it and used the information on this layout.

It sounds like you want us to record our number of gallery comments, not total posts, right?

You said to go to our gallery and click on our name, but when I do that I get my profile, which I think shows my total posts.

So I clicked back to my gallery and I see

Stats

• Total Images: 319
  • Total Comments: 1314
  • Disk space Used: 50.74MB

and I can't believe I've made 1314 comments. I thought maybe that actually means how many comments I've received instead. ???

It sounds like you want us to record our number of gallery comments, not total posts, right?

You said to go to our gallery and click on our name, but when I do that I get my profile, which I think shows my total posts.

So I clicked back to my gallery and I see

Stats

• Total Images: 319
  • Total Comments: 1314
  • Disk space Used: 50.74MB

and I can't believe I've made 1314 comments. I thought maybe that actually means how many comments I've received instead. ???

Michele, I think it is our gallery comments , (not our total MB post count) that Dee wants us to record. I know the comments number in our gallery is the number of comments we've made, not what we've received. That's why she said to leave love in the gallery over the weekend then post our new count on Monday. Maybe Dee will be able to clarify for us.

Jumpstart January - Task 12 - Link to favourite layout in the gallery:

Trish Yochum's, "Remarkable Day", is my favourite of the ten layouts that I left love on. :-)

Jumpstart January - Task 13 - Thread for question about Digital Technique.

Jumpstart January - Task # 14 - I took photos of the snow blowing, with different auto settings, eg panorama, motion, etc. I haven't absorbed information required to change too many settings myself, except that I do know how to turn off the flash. lol :-)

The posts under your name in a thread is the number we use. It is a cumulative number of all the posts you have done. The active post number on your profile is a calculation of message board posts but with deleted and other posts subtracted from it. It so something the MB company uses in some way but we don't as it can get messed up when the board hiccups and mesages get duplicated or don't get posted.

For todays task it is GALLERY posts or leaving love comments, yes. To find the number go up to your profile and then to your gallery, your stats are on the left hand side.

Sat 29th -Task 25 - Layout Requirement

Use your best photo from task 22 and products from task 23 to create a layout. Use at least 3 filters, styles, actions or plug in's when creating your layout.

Requirement: Upload layout to the Jumpstart January gallery and link It back to the game thread.

Task 20

I've just bought an scanner and have been gradually scanning my treasures. I wasn't able to find a Wordart in the boutiques that I wanted to use for my layout but I do especially like some of Ariadna Wizcling's Murano Wordart, and which I've used before, so I've included a link to that.

Task 21

A photo of my maternal great grandmother: Margaret's Wall. I used the magic wand selection to select and recolour my background teamplates wiht glitter paper. I also used the masking technique HeatherAnne helped me with in Task 13. Thanks HeatherAnne :happy-sun:

I am so far behind in this, that I don't think I'll be able to catch up. I'll give it my best shot. There is just so much happening here at home that keeps getting in the way. And with only today and tomorrow left to catch up, I kind of doubt it. I've only gotten as far as Task 16.

Task #17 Completed.

Valerie Randall is one of my favorite designers. I always find her designs beautiful, interesting and lots of times fun.

This is one of her recent layouts that I just fell in love with. I love animals and Valerie does also, and her layouts featuring her dogs are wonderful. I love the swirls, the hearts that frame her dogs and those wonderful dogs. How can you not love them?????

Beastie Boys

Task #18 Completed. The one embellishment that I use quite often is JHI Embellishment Biggie Old Photo Frames. These frames are perfect for just about any kind of layout, as they are the perfect size: not too thick and not too thin, just perfect.

One technique that I use in every layout is I always add shadows to my elements, frames, etc. It adds depth and I feel a little realism to the element.

Task 19 Completed. Left welcoming comments on 6 new members profiles.

Task 20 Completed. Found some word art in Follow Your Bliss Word Art Biggie

Task 21 Completed. The photo was taken the day of my high school graduation in 1964. So is certainly more than 10 years ago. Word art was taken from SNU Follow Your Bliss in Task 10 and the product/technique I used (from task 18) is adding shadows to my elements and using JHI EmbelBiggie Old Photo Frames. I placed one around the layout title 'Graduation Day' and one I placed over the SNU Learning Curve Collection Cluster Frame around my photo.

Graduation Day

Archived