Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 25: Be in the Moment, using products from Task 23 and photo from Task 22. I think I should get extra credit for fighting my way through this LO- LOL, but really, not. I am engaged in a back and forth in the community forum at Adobe to see if I can get my brushes to work at all, as they are not working at the present time. Thank goodness this is the last LO, since I see a re-install in my near future.

JJ has been so much fun and a great learning opportunity! Thanks so much, Dee!

Task 22 - Took pictures for photo that ties still life to something about yourself

Task #24 - Found the following products in the boutique that might work for a LO

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/15000/ScrapSimple-Digital-Layout-Templates%3A-Multiple-Photo-4

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/18761/Pleasant-Afternoon-Collection

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21751/Brush-Set%3A-Drop-Hearts

Task # 15 - Layout to be scraplifted - Brandy Murry's,Designer Do-Over

Task # 16 Layout using Tasks 13, 14 &15 White Out

Task 17 - Something about my favourite Designer's layout:

First, I must say that it was very difficult to choose a favourite designer. When I look through my kits, I see over a dozen items for each set of initials - ASO, BMU, KVE, SNU, TCS and VRA, with many other kits by other designers. I have scraplifted from a few designers now, but this is the second time that I've scraplifted from the same designer and that's BMU - Brandy Murry. I love the kits that she makes because of the colours, the variety within a kit, how the kits combine together and her attention to detail.

The layout that I chose to scraplift for Task 15, was Designer Do-Over. I chose it because of it's uniqueness. It's wasn't an easy feat, considering that most of Brandy's layouts are unique in some way. This one pulled me in the second I saw it as I browsed through Brandy's Gallery. The layering, texturing and embellishments all make this layout so very attractive, but the photo, title and journaling are what stand out. I love the portion of photo pasted over the photo in the blended background, with the text in a box that's approximately the same size as the cut photo. Look at how the title wraps around the top of the photo and there's actually a double meaning for the word spirit - too cool. The words Christmas and Blain,- Spirit are understood by the quote, from Little House on the Prairie, by Laura Engall's Wilder. Yes, this is unique in every way and I love it!

Task 18 - A product or technique that I always use: I would have to say shadows. I love shadows and have had a tendency to over-do them, but am improving. I found SBA_SSStyles_BasicShadows_6501_ColorMatch, which I used and they helped me to understand about how shadows should look. I then experimented with them, changing there settings a bit for unique shadows, but always had the base to go back to if I messed up too much. This style set, is one of those little things that get used all the time, but is so easy to forget to mention. I'm thankful for this challenge so that I can say how wonderful they are.

Task # 19 - Leave a welcoming comment for 6 new members: I left a welcome comment for ten newbies, on their profiles. Only one had a layout uploaded and I LSl on it. :-)

Task #20 - Link to word art product that will go with heritage photo:

I found some word art in the French Market Collection Biggie that will be great for my photo. This is a Collection that I have on my not used, but had to have list, for Task 3.

Task 21_Using task 18 & 20 in a Heritage Layout, pointing out prduct/technique from Task 18:

The technique that I spoke about in Task 18 was about shadows, in particular SBA_SSStyles_BasicShadows_6501_ColorMatch. I've used these shadows on all of my embellishments, frames and paper layers. I also used one on the journaling but changed the setting to a little lower setting.

Task 22

I chose the Photo Club Challenge January Week 4. "Take a photo that says something about you". The photos I took are about reading books, a life's past time and my favourite place to read - my bed. I hope my layout will be about this too! You can never tell!

Task 23

The themes I searched for and the links are:

Books

Erica Hite’s Bookworm Collection http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/6325/Bookworm-Collection-Biggie

Sleep

Durin Eberhardt’s Chenille 5 Paper

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21429/Chenille-5-Paper

Library

Erica Hite’s Antiqued Bookplates

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/13928/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Templates%3A-Antiqued-Bookplates

Task 24

Posts as at: 11.11pm 29 January 2010 = 175

Posts as at: 8.59pm 31 January 2010 = 196

I got my Task #'s confused, so I went back and corrected them.

Task #25 -- Completed

Still Life

I used three styles: PSE's Black Stroke 20px on the photo; ASO SS Styles Swirled 6401 brown, purple, orange and yellow on the alphas; ASO Styles Micro Glitter 6401 Green on the Glitter.

I used one action: BMU Action Mirror Reflection

Yeah all done. I could try the bonus LO but I was never a paper scrapper.

Task 21: LO with a photo of my Grandpa Bond

Task 22: Still life about me. I took a picture of my Perry Mason DVD collection

Task 23: Shalea Tippits "Hearth" Collection Biggie Word art from that collection

Task 24: Start 2604 final 2647 comments

Task 25: LO of my still life photo I love Perry Mason See my info on LO for the actions and styles I used.

Task 26: Yeah I'm all done.

going to email when I figure out where to email

Task #24 Completed. Final count on gallery postings is 3295, as of 12 Noon today.

Task #25 Completed earlier

Task #26 Completed and I will try and complete the bonus layout requirement and get it uploaded to the gallery asap. Then I will email my word document.

Task 26

All caught up with tasks. Will send word document when I found out where to send it. Not sure if I'll have enough time to get to the bonus layout.

Why is everybody talking about task 26. I don't have that and can't see it anywhere. I don't want to mess up now so close to the end. Please help.

You're right about the count. Some may not be on later, so do it now.

It's a bonus scrap that was added to the first post. It doesn't have to be done but you can do it if you choose to. HTHs :-)

Archived