Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 5:

I use PaintShop Pro XI. I played around with the Effects Find all Edges tool. I found this while I was doing my LO. It resulted in a photo image that looked almost like an pencil sketch. Very interesting. I can imagine using it as a tool for backgrounds but not this time - I loved my photo blended with Brandy Murry's JunkTrunk paper.

Sat 8th -Task 7 - Layout Requirement

Choose a photo you shared or downloaded from your camera and using what you learned in task one and five as well as products from your "unused stash" from task 4 to create a layout.

Requirement: upload layout to gallery and post link in game thread.

Task 4--Cake Knife

Task 5--I use PSE 7 and chose the Smart Brush tool. It was almost like doing two steps (make a selection and then make the color correction) in one step. I might use some of the touch-up features like Whiter Teeth or Cloud Contrast on a sky. It was fun to use the tool to change colors on clothing, etc., but I like having more control that I feel like I have the 'old' way. Or maybe I just need more practice?

Task 6--Posted photos on facebook 1/8/11

Now to do Task 7!

I'm finally posting my tasks:

Task 1: I just got a new Photoshop magazine & there was this cool instruction for doing reflections. Here's a link to the post: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=114366

Task 2: I went through my SG supplies & reorganized them – found one that I hadn’t unzipped & have them all done now.

Task 3: SBA_SSEmbTemp_SweetFlowers – I couldn’t find this one in the boutique; COL_Sewing Mini -- http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/18688/Sewing-Paper-Super-Mini; SNU_Memento Collection -- http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/19090/Memento-Collection-Biggie

Task 4: I still need to do this one.....coming soon. :)

Task 5: New Tool - Recolor Tool in Photoshop CS4E. I don't know why I've never used this one before because I've experimented with most of them. I'll definitely use it more. See the LO here: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=114367

Task 6: I put bunches of LOs on my Flickr. Whew, that felt good, I'm all caught up with now.

Sat 8th -Task 7 - Layout Requirement

Choose a photo you shared and using what you learned in task one and five as well as products from your "unused stash" list from task 4 to create a layout. Requirement: upload layout to gallery and post link in game thread.

Mon 10th -Task 8

What's outside your window? Take a photo of what you see outside your window. You can use a house, car or any other window. Requirement: Link a 72dpi 300 px in the game thread with metadata.

Here is my Task 7 - My 34th

You may be shocked, there is no journaling on the layout (I am a hard-core journaler most of the time). Never fear - I placed a journal paper so I can journal this particular event in my own handwriting after it's printed - I will also be including the ticket stubs from the movie we saw that day. :)

Now to shoot out the window... with my camera, of course!

Not sure how to include metadata unless it is already attached to the image. My goofball dogs are outside looking back at me through their nose smears on the glass. LOL It rained recently, so they are dirty! Leia is the smaller dog, Chewbacca is the horse. :)

post-3733-0-58979200-1294685669_thumb.jpg

Caught up!

Task 5: Played with the Pattern Stamp Tool in Adobe PSCS5 (I think it works in PSE as well) and learned how to use it to "paint" a picture from a photo. Lots of fun. I spent a lot, lot, lot of time trying different brushes, sized, opacities to affect a finished look. A photo is saved as a pattern and a clear layer above is used to "paint", using the colors from the photo. I do think I will use it again. Good tutorials on it at Adobe.

Task 6: Downloaded photos, sent a few to DD. I don't post them on facebook or otherwise.

Task 7: Used the Trendy Circle Brush (tough to work it into this LO!,) Valerie's Gold and Silver Collection and Syndee's Retro Photo Action for this LO, incorporating what I learned in Task 1: Marnie's Shape Shifter Tutorial. Not quite sure if I achieved as much of a vellum look this time. I did use the pattern stamp on several of the hearts, although you can't really tell in this LO. I will post another page which better shows the effect.

Graham Cooper.

whats outside my window? lots of snow and something dead from my garden peaking thru...even though its dead i thought it looked lovely..

TASK 8

not sure what metadata meant so i am posting the photo info...

iso 100

f4 @ 1/500

105 mm lenspost-11113-0-21176600-1294751217_thumb.jpg

Wow -- thanks to getting organized task I was able to find just what I needed for last night's quote challenge. If I don't make it through all the tasks for the month, this one was sooo worth it! This has truly been an inspiring & helpful journey. Off to fix breakfast & then to clean my computer/sewing/craft room. Oh my, I hope I can keep DH out of my hair -- he'd pull up a dumpster & the room would be clean in no time. I told him to stay out!!!!

Metadata - This is usually the info found in the properties of the image. You can right click on an image and go to properties in most cases or in PSE and PS go to Image information. Many times you can add or edit info like tags, captions, details, location and more. For Layouts you can list what you used to create a layout and then when you upload to the gallery the info is automatically added for you.

i looked up metadata to see what it was...still don't know really. so hope this is good.

Dimensions: 4000x3000

Date Taken: 1/11/2011 10:42 am

Camera: Canon Powershot SD780 IS

Type: JPEG Image

Size: 2.13 Mb

This is a picture of my horses out our big picture window. The kids and I love to watch them. Though they don't do as much in the winter because of the snow :)

post-15166-0-47120300-1294768722_thumb.jpg

Task 8.

I wish I could figure out a way to copy and paste the metadata (all at one time) from the properties. Anyone know how to do that?

Here is my info, and it is the camera on the "P" function and auto all the way, LOL! I came out of Best Buy yesterday just at sunset and saw this view above the parking lot. Took this from my car.

Metadata:

Date Time:1/10/2011 5:17 PM

Canon Powershot XS 130 IS

Shutter Speed 1/250 seconds

F Stop: f/5.0

Aperture Value: f/5.0

Max Aperture Value: f/4.5

ISO Speed: 80

Focal Length: 14.7 mm

Flash: Did not fire (No strobe return detection (0); Compulsory flash suppression (2))

Metering Mode: Evaluative

post-18299-0-42564300-1294779079_thumb.jpg

Not sure how to include metadata unless it is already attached to the image. My goofball dogs are outside looking back at me through their nose smears on the glass. LOL It rained recently, so they are dirty! Leia is the smaller dog, Chewbacca is the horse. :)

Chewbacca! Great name!

what if we aren't excited about doing a LO with the window photo? LOL It is so gloomy & with those dirty doggies! LOL

Take another picture out the window? I loved the pic of the dogs myself. :)

Archived