Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there one everyday...or not on sunday? i didnt see one posted for today....

Sunday is a day off. The tasks will be posted Monday through Saturday. I copied this from the original post:

A member of the Welcoming Committee will post a mini-challenge/task every day, Monday - Saturday from January 1-30 in the Games folder on the Message Board. Check out the game thread titled "January Jumpstart 2011" for complete details and rules.

I hope this helps. :-)

so i did task one and created a word doc with the link to it ...and posted it on the mb... here

the only thing i didnt do and am waiting for the answer to this post what i did as i did a full lo with the tuts...it is the title of the lo .... should i be posting the lo and linking that too???

so i did task one and created a word doc with the link to it ...and posted it on the mb... here

the only thing i didnt do and am waiting for the answer to this post what i did as i did a full lo with the tuts...it is the title of the lo .... should i be posting the lo and linking that too???

This is what the official thread says: Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter and describe what you learned, ask a question for help or post an image to what you created. Add the link to a document to be submitted at the end of the month.

I see your thread with the great tutorial that you chose to use. From what I see of the requirement, the only other things that need to be done are, to describe what you learned, OR ask a question, OR post an image - which I think means the image of what you made with the tutorial. If I'm wrong about this, hopefully a team member will correct it. The other part of the requirement, was to add the link to the document that will be submitted at the end of the month. HTHs :-)

Ok I did my first and forgot today was Sunday! Man my week has me all messed up. So I was wondering where was today's challange!! DUH I know I don't take the kids to school tomorrow so it felt more like a Saturday to me!! Jeesh!! I did this challange last year and really enjoyed it. I could use the kick in the butt!!

What a great game, Dee! I am really enjoying the posted tasks and reading all the great tutorials!

Same here Dot. I'm really looking forward to the next task.

This is what the official thread says: Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter and describe what you learned, ask a question for help or post an image to what you created. Add the link to a document to be submitted at the end of the month.

I see your thread with the great tutorial that you chose to use. From what I see of the requirement, the only other things that need to be done are, to describe what you learned, OR ask a question, OR post an image - which I think means the image of what you made with the tutorial. If I'm wrong about this, hopefully a team member will correct it. The other part of the requirement, was to add the link to the document that will be submitted at the end of the month. HTHs :-)

You are right on Heatheranne! Thanks for posting a great answer!

Ok I did my first and forgot today was Sunday! Man my week has me all messed up. So I was wondering where was today's challange!! DUH I know I don't take the kids to school tomorrow so it felt more like a Saturday to me!! Jeesh!! I did this challange last year and really enjoyed it. I could use the kick in the butt!!

roflol - no worries! it happens to all of us at some time or another. Have a great day! :-)

When I don't understand something, I get very excitable, that's why my card is 'CHILL' for this year. :hit-head-with-hammer: At the moment I need my card. Chewing my nails here. I think I understand a bit better, thanks everybody for the help. I really want to try to do this, but I have a bored DH on holiday, his birthday today, and a crowd of people coming over today. (Why can't people just stay home???LOL) I just want to get a 'Jumpstart'. I'll have to start tomorrow and just catch up. I have followed some of the links you ladies have put on, and I understand a bit better. I hope. :disappearing-smilie:

Belle you can do the tasks each day or whenever you have the time. I know some ladies that did all the tasks in the last few days last year. As long as you finish the requirements and send them in you will be in the drawing.

You are right on Heatheranne! Thanks for posting a great answer!

You're welcome and Thank you Dee! :-)

Just one thing I'm not real clear on - when we add the link to our document, are we linking to the tutorial, forum, or gallery post? TIA!

ok...i see task 2 is posted... do we have to do anything like list it on our word doc? or what do we do other than the task....i have completed the task with all my new goodies

another question ...on task 1 i had done a layout with the title i had learned to make...should i be posting the lo??? or will i need it for another task??? i was confused about that so hadnt posted the lo yet....

Just one thing I'm not real clear on - when we add the link to our document, are we linking to the tutorial, forum, or gallery post? TIA!

the reason we need the links is to verify that tasks were done so you add any link that shows you did the task. If you created a layout based on a tutorial put the task in the description so we know what it was for. Does that help?

ok...i see task 2 is posted... do we have to do anything like list it on our word doc? or what do we do other than the task....i have completed the task with all my new goodies

another question ...on task 1 i had done a layout with the title i had learned to make...should i be posting the lo??? or will i need it for another task??? i was confused about that so hadnt posted the lo yet....

If there is no requirement posted as in task two you don't have to add it to your doc, we do those on the honor system.

for the layout you created for task one you can certainly post it or wait till after all the layout requirements are posted to see if you can use it for one of them. It's hard to know if it will work for one of the LO requirements or not without seeing it. :)

In the other thread,

Do you not want us to get any sleep-this could take all night! LOL

LOL That's true!

I have been working off and on to get my scrapbooking supplies reorganized since I got my new hard drive in November.

I've decided that since I have filed away my freebie of the day, I've done today's task. :D

Okay, I'll try to do some more than that.

I'll definitely do some scrapbook stuff organizing this week. We have a Back Up Party chat coming up Friday afternoon!

roflol - Your girls are so fun! I usually clean up my zips and organize them around the first of the month anyway, so this task is fitting into my schedule perfectly. In fact, I am done my Task 2! Woo! Hoo! :-)

In the other thread,

Do you not want us to get any sleep-this could take all night! LOL

LOL That's true!

I have been working off and on to get my scrapbooking supplies reorganized since I got my new hard drive in November.

I've decided that since I have filed away my freebie of the day, I've done today's task. :D

Okay, I'll try to do some more than that.

I'll definitely do some scrapbook stuff organizing this week. We have a Back Up Party chat coming up Friday afternoon!

LOL, well we just want you to have them ready for upcoming tasks. ;)

And think how far ahead you will be once you only have to do current ones! It's kinda like cleaning out your closet and finding things you haven't worn, still with the tags.

I'm not completely sure that my organizing is done, but I did get everything out of my download file and into my scrapping file. That's pretty much all I do anyway. I don't have to worry about unzipping...love my mac.

Sandi, don't you need to unzip with a Mac, how is it differant to a PC? That sounds interesting.

I always download and sort my stash immediately. Otherwise I won't know where to find anything. I put the full collection together on my EHD and split everything up into, flowers, frames etc on my laptop. I find this way easier and then I also have a backup of my stash. I am obsesive about my SG's products and carry my EHD with me wherever I go. What are the chances that my laptop will be stolen on the same day that my handbag gets grabbed? :disappearing-smilie: Remember I live in South Africa. They broke into the house next door twice last month.

belle, you sound so organized...good for you...i just use my acdsee and it unzips and then i put all the subfolders into the one main collection folder and open them up so that i have all my stuff just in one folder, except for the alphas...i keep them in their folder in the main folder...then when i can i tag the stuff in acdsee.... this has worked for me to stay organize and know what stuff i have...of course i have way to much stuff..lol ...and dont use it all as much as i should...but isnt it fun just having "stuff"! lol

Task 3 is posted. I added a suggestion for starring items using Picasa and Windows Photo Gallery live. Please feel free to add your suggestions especially if you use ACDC, Bridge or other organizing software.

I mistakenly posted something in the official thread; I knew better than that. Anyway I erased it. I just wanted to say that I will miss being able to participate in this one. I am not taking my computer on the cruise; we just don't need that extra carry-on weight. Besides, I plan to be very busy enjoying the trip.

Have a super great time on your cruise. I can't imagine not taking my laptop. Have a fantastic time. We can't wait to see all you wonderful photos.

Archived