Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which form this type of post should go into. So this time I posted it both places

Task one: Custom Shapes Tutorial by Keri Schueller Take one LO post on message board Making my own shape was quite easy.

Task Two: Did this one yesterday without even knowing this was the task. Good for me.

Task Three: 1- Amanda Sok's Etoile Moderne Collection http://store.scrapgi...erne-Collection (just used 2 papers this morning hope that counts)

2- Brandy Hackman's ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Expedition Passport Stamps Super Biggie http://store.scrapgi...m/product/7418/

3- Robert Schneider's ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Seersucker Linens http://store.scrapgi.../product/18426/

I mistakenly posted something in the official thread; I knew better than that. Anyway I erased it. I just wanted to say that I will miss being able to participate in this one. I am not taking my computer on the cruise; we just don't need that extra carry-on weight. Besides, I plan to be very busy enjoying the trip.

Have a super great time on your cruise. I can't imagine not taking my laptop. Have a fantastic time. We can't wait to see all you wonderful photos.

Have a great time, Joyce! Can't wait to see new vacation photos! You always have the best trip pictures...... I feel like I was there!

Task 3 is posted. I added a suggestion for starring items using Picasa and Windows Photo Gallery live. Please feel free to add your suggestions especially if you use ACDC, Bridge or other organizing software.

I don't use any of these, so how would I find the link. I can never find anything I look for in the botique.

Are we suppose to post in this thread or the official thread that we complete a task?

All tasks should be posted in the official game thread but you are all set with doing it in both places!

Task 3 is posted. I added a suggestion for starring items using Picasa and Windows Photo Gallery live. Please feel free to add your suggestions especially if you use ACDC, Bridge or other organizing software.

I don't use any of these, so how would I find the link. I can never find anything I look for in the botique.

You are looking through the products you have purchased and have on your computer for ones you have not used yet. To link them in the game thread all you need to locate them in the Boutique and then create a link in the official game thread.

If for example one of the products you have not used yet are Lori Cooks Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie you can click on Lori's name in the boutique, change the drop down box to "Sort Results by "name" and then scroll to the correct brush set. I usually go down and change the number of products shown per page to 100 if I am searching this way. Highlight and copy the link and paste it into the game thread.

Another way to search is to use the product name surrounded by "" "". So you would search for "Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie" instead of Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie.

Task 3: My three are:

SS Paper Templates: Rippled

SNU SSEmb FRame Decor

SNU Zipkit MermaidDreams

I have had these a while and not used them. The links have been posted in the other thread. If our next task is to do a layout using these 3 collections on our paper that we made, I will go up on the roof and jump off. Can you just see the mermaid peeping through a window, with curtains on the paper that I made? :disappearing-smilie::rolleyes:

You are looking through the products you have purchased and have on your computer for ones you have not used yet. To link them in the game thread all you need to locate them in the Boutique and then create a link in the official game thread.

If for example one of the products you have not used yet are Lori Cooks Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie you can click on Lori's name in the boutique, change the drop down box to "Sort Results by "name" and then scroll to the correct brush set. I usually go down and change the number of products shown per page to 100 if I am searching this way. Highlight and copy the link and paste it into the game thread.

Another way to search is to use the product name surrounded by "" "". So you would search for "Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie" instead of Brush Set: Growing Swirlies Biggie.

Thanks for the info. The "" "" never works for me for some unknown reason, but I will remember the first way you mentioned. Thanks for getting back to me.

Okay, I may have to cheat. I've been working on my DD's wedding album and really don't want to take time to do any off-purpose scrapping. I usually participate in challenges and crops this way too, using 'where I am' in my scrapping and apply the challenge. Here's the rub--I can't fit a LO with my products (wedding related) to a keepsake in the house. BUT I can make a LO of their wedding cake table because I took a close-up of the engraved cake server and knife that will BECOME one of their newlywed keepsakes. Will that work?? Please?

Okay, I may have to cheat. I've been working on my DD's wedding album and really don't want to take time to do any off-purpose scrapping. I usually participate in challenges and crops this way too, using 'where I am' in my scrapping and apply the challenge. Here's the rub--I can't fit a LO with my products (wedding related) to a keepsake in the house. BUT I can make a LO of their wedding cake table because I took a close-up of the engraved cake server and knife that will BECOME one of their newlywed keepsakes. Will that work?? Please?

if i have a vote it does! and i am with you i have so many things i want to scrap that i like to apply the challenges to what i have on my list not add things to my list....but on the other side i did take some photos of things i wouldnt have thought to take photos of so in this case for me it will get me something i hadnt thought to preserve in a lo .... hope they vote all in favor for you!

can you substitute another item that you havent used in your stash for one that you listed for the task yesterday? cause i just dont think i can use the happy new year brush with the layout of a keepsake....and it would look wrong and not be a lo i would want ...so can i just repost a product or not?

can you substitute another item that you havent used in your stash for one that you listed for the task yesterday? cause i just dont think i can use the happy new year brush with the layout of a keepsake....and it would look wrong and not be a lo i would want ...so can i just repost a product or not?

Would you be able to use just part of the brush? Say, the swirl, or just a word or partial greeting? Just a thought......

Would you be able to use just part of the brush? Say, the swirl, or just a word or partial greeting? Just a thought......

i looked at them before i posted ...they are really just words and i dont think any part of the words works....

Sure it will! It will make a beautiful layout!

You don't have to use "only" the products you listed simply one that you have not used yet. Does that help?

well i used all three i had listed.... and it really caused me to think outside the box to make it work but i think i learned a few things and will help me in my scrapping so thanks...

here is the layout and can you find the new years brush?

Task 5

Started with B & W photo

Choose a filter or a color of your choice and modify the Density until you are satisfied with the result. For a soft look check the box 'Preserve Luminosity' Click OK

Move the sliders 'Amount' and 'Height' until you are satisfied with the result. Click OK

Height 71 Amount 90 Angle 100

Also used the Burn Tool on the original photo.

BMU MegaLift

I am having such a hard time with task #4 scrapbook a keepsake. I don't really have anything worth keeping!! LOL funny when it comes down to it I could go without all this that we fill our house with!! I had these necklaces but they got stolen when we got broken into 9 years ago and I never had pictures of them. one was mine and one was My daughters ( they were mine from when I was born and one was my mothers handed down to my daughter when she was born) Hmm I wonder!!! I think I just came up with something.

THANKS for the help in getting me an idea!!! sometime vocalizing helps me think clearer!! LOL

Thanks for listening( reading) my chatter.

How about school art work? Gifts from children? Old dishes? Really, anything which you consider of value, not necessarily monetarily. HTH! Everyone's different. Did you see the LOs posted so far with the keepsakes? Wonderful ideas! If you are really stuck, maybe you can just do a scraplift?

yes anything that you saved...i save cards ( remember those! LOL) and some newspaper clippings and lots of art work of my kids and now that i think of it i even have a few things my mom gave me i made in camp way back when ..... so though i too thought what can i photograph and scrap in the end it is a great challenge..and gets you thinking once again

Great suggestions girls, I can be a pack rat so it's easier for me.

Here are some more -

Sporting events - uniforms, programs, tickets, photos from events

school - kids art work, great paper grade, theater photos, costumes

fund raisers - brochures, sponsor list, photos from events

what lives on your dresser? rings, every day jewelery

ornaments from Christmas tree

Actually the other night I was putting my daughter to bed and I realized her barbies! I used to collect barbies it started before I had kids. It has slowed down a lot since I had kids but I have lots maybe 20 in total. Collector ones. My first one is from 1991 I think. I am going to scrap that. I want to say thanks for the wonderful ideas!!

If I go to the Boutique and type in Journaling product, I get all kinds of stuff and nothing to do with journaling. I presume you mean we must use a tag or book page???? Please help. A bit dense today.

Archived