Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

If I go to the Boutique and type in Journaling product, I get all kinds of stuff and nothing to do with journaling. I presume you mean we must use a tag or book page???? Please help. A bit dense today.

Did you use brackets? Try "Journaling", "journaling paper", etc. :-)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so new to the challenges and looking to participate. What exactly is Jump Start January. LOL I wanna jump in but not sure how.

Stephanie

Stephanie, here is a link to the game thread. The basic instructions are in the first post, and then each daily task is listed in that thread. Just ask if you have any more questions. HTH :)

If I go to the Boutique and type in Journaling product, I get all kinds of stuff and nothing to do with journaling. I presume you mean we must use a tag or book page???? Please help. A bit dense today.

Try searching for Journal rather than journaling. A journal block can be anything you put your journaling on. Here are a few examples:

AMC_JournalPrompts_BrushSet_MKTG150.jpg Brush Set: Journal Prompts

STI_Layer_Journal_150.jpg ScrapSimple Layer Your Own Brushes: Journal Block

VRA_Journaling_PaperBiggie_150.jpg Journaling 1 Paper Biggie

ASO_GrungyBrackets_BrushSet_150.jpg Brush Set: Grungy Brackets Journaling Blocks

OK so new to the challenges and looking to participate. What exactly is Jump Start January. LOL I wanna jump in but not sure how.

Stephanie

It's just a challenge to get moving on your scrapping for the year. A lot of the tasks will deal with organizing files, backing photos up, getting layouts finished of your most recent photos. My advice would be to read the first post in this thread & decide which part of the challenge appeals to you (all of the tasks, or just layouts, etc). Then start with Task 1 & work your way through until you are current. Welcome to SG & have fun! :)

Try searching for Journal rather than journaling. A journal block can be anything you put your journaling on. Here are a few examples:

AMC_JournalPrompts_BrushSet_MKTG150.jpg Brush Set: Journal Prompts

STI_Layer_Journal_150.jpg ScrapSimple Layer Your Own Brushes: Journal Block

VRA_Journaling_PaperBiggie_150.jpg Journaling 1 Paper Biggie

You'r a star, thank you.

ASO_GrungyBrackets_BrushSet_150.jpg Brush Set: Grungy Brackets Journaling Blocks

I have tried the "" but they never seem to work for me. I try not to find things in the boutique, too frustrating. I usually just ask and get lots of help from all you great ladies.

I have tried the "" but they never seem to work for me. I try not to find things in the boutique, too frustrating. I usually just ask and get lots of help from all you great ladies.

roflol... Okay, whatever works for you. I know that I had a hard time with searches when I first started to do it, but have improved. I tried Dee's suggestion to just search "Journal" because so many things can be used for journaling and it brought up many types of supplies. She did post a bunch of links, so I hope that you've found something that you like. :-)

Jumpstart January - Task 6

Good timing! I just got a delivery and had to take some photos. Then, of course, I had to send a couple of photos to a few people, via EMail, after I had organized and resized them. Cool! I usually share photos via EMail, unless it's a large file, then I use YouSendit. :-)

One other method may work for you. If you don't have it yet, you can download the free Google toolbar. (Type Google Toolbar into your search engine. When I download something like this I uncheck all the "extras" so I don't have a lot of junk on the toolbars. If they do show up, you can always remove them later.) Once the toolbar is present, you can type journal (no quote marks required) in the search box. In the drop down menu next to search you choose "Search Site" and you will instantly have links to all the products with journal. LOTS of links! LOL. HTH!

One other method may work for you. If you don't have it yet, you can download the free Google toolbar. (Type Google Toolbar into your search engine. When I download something like this I uncheck all the "extras" so I don't have a lot of junk on the toolbars. If they do show up, you can always remove them later.) Once the toolbar is present, you can type journal (no quote marks required) in the search box. In the drop down menu next to search you choose "Search Site" and you will instantly have links to all the products with journal. LOTS of links! LOL. HTH!

Going to try this way. I did type in journal and found what I was looking for. I think the secret is to know what to type in, in the first place.

Help! I cannot figure out how to put a photo in my message (for task 8)! I tried it once before and gave up. I'd really like to know how.

Hey Brenda, try this:

1. First, resize the photo to 72 dpi, and 300 px wide

2. When you go to post, you must use either the Full Editor or the Add Reply button located on the right side (don't use the fast reply button - it won't work to attach a photo)

3. When the new reply box opens, go down toward the bottom and look under Attachments. There's a blank box next to the browse box. Click once In the blank space, then click once on browse… and browse to your 72 dpi 300 px photo, click on open.

4. Click on the purple Attach This File button

5. Now you should see a thumbnail image of your photo in a purple bar just under Attachments.

6. All the way to right of that purple bar click on the Add to Post button.

Now, place the cursor to the far left of the brackets, and hit Enter a few times to move the brackets down, and you can add your text. When you click on the Add Reply button your post should come up with your photo where you positioned it. HTH :)

just want to say i am enjoying the learning that this challenge is providing... i got great responses from my last task posting the digital question and i am learning so much from all the posts... this is a great challenge to really start off the year and grow grow grow... thanks

I think a point & shoot has some different settings - mine has a setting for no flash, one for night or dark photos, one for portraits, a general setting (which is the one I used most often), & a setting for landscapes. Take a look at it closely, there should be some different settings somewhere.

I am stumped on our newest too, but not for the same reason. Oh the pressure! 4 photos, 1 or some or all of which will be in an upcoming layout. Hmmm, which photos to take? I need to find something significant enough to want in an album, that I can use 4 different settings on & still get good shots... I will have to think on this for a bit. So many options...

I have been playing with my camara, (goes to show that these challenges are good for you) and have discovered there is a setting, that if you select it, it takes three photos on differant settings all by itself. Hope this counts. If they want to know what settings I used, then I am stumped. Will 'point and shoot' be an acceptable answer I wonder?

I have been playing with my camara, (goes to show that these challenges are good for you) and have discovered there is a setting, that if you select it, it takes three photos on differant settings all by itself. Hope this counts. If they want to know what settings I used, then I am stumped. Will 'point and shoot' be an acceptable answer I wonder?

sounds like a setting called exposure bracketing...in other words the camera takes the same 3 photos but at 3 different exposures, one that it thinks is just right, one that is a little underexposed and one that is a little over exposed...then you can see the 3 and use the one that you think is best..cause the one the camera thinks is the right on exposure isnt always the best one..it is only a machine..we are the one with the brain...LOL.... so if you think this is what you have used...then see if you have the camera guide and you can probably read more about it...

Let us know you have for a camera and your description works as your settings. If you have your camera manual you might want to check out "bracketing" as I think Bobbi is right this is what it is called.

Here it is January 18th, and I haven't even started this game yet. I've done some layouts, finally and posted them, but starting this game is just way beyond me at the moment. I hope I get some inspiration so that I can start the game. I guess I'll just have to go ahead and jump on in and get it started.

Off to try and do Task #1. Wish me luck, ladies.

Task 14 done. Took about 20 shots with differant ISO. They all look the same to me. But the task is done. Also took a sepia and B & W photo. Also skin tones. Poor old Esti had to sit on the floor with Ouma clicking away. I wanted a serious photo so she was not allowed to smile or move. The bracket thing was there, but I could not get it to work this time. Go figure. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Hi all, I'm back on-line and planning a major catch up this weekend, if the weather is kind to us. Can you believe it, after those dreadful floods, its threatening rain again. And if we thought that it was bad here, what about poor Brazil?

I went offline at Task 9 - can anyone tell me how where we are to now please?

Hi all, I'm back on-line and planning a major catch up this weekend, if the weather is kind to us. Can you believe it, after those dreadful floods, its threatening rain again. And if we thought that it was bad here, what about poor Brazil?

I went offline at Task 9 - can anyone tell me how where we are to now please?

Task 15 was posted yesterday, in the game thread, in post # 174 on page, on page 6. I'd link it but I've messed up my browser somehow and haven't been able to figure out a fix yet. Do you get the updates in your email? They should have started with your first post or if you subscribe to the game thread. As for task 9, it's post # 83, on page 3. HTHs

I like the questions and answers that are in the official game thread, so that I can scroll from the task and see if there are any answers to questions I may have. :-)

is it possible to have a mb where no one can post and responses and the tasks can just be posted each day?..so that it is easier to go back and see all the tasks?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I can post all the tasks in the official game thread Post #1 so they are all in one place. Would that help?

is it possible to have a mb where no one can post and responses and the tasks can just be posted each day?..so that it is easier to go back and see all the tasks?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I can post all the tasks in the official game thread Post #1 so they are all in one place. Would that help?

What a thoughtful thing to do - you're such a thinker! All of the tasks in one place will be wonderful! I'll still be looking for all those lovely questions and answers though. lol Thanks Dee for taking the time - you're too kind. I figured out my explorer problem and can even link again. Woo! Hoo! lol :-)

yes that was what i was thinking a post with all the game tasks but no other posts in it..so you can refer to it easily to see the tasks

Archived