Jumpstart January 2011!

DDecker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mistakenly posted something in the official thread; I knew better than that. Anyway I erased it. I just wanted to say that I will miss being able to participate in this one. I am not taking my computer on the cruise; we just don't need that extra carry-on weight. Besides, I plan to be very busy enjoying the trip.

We will miss you Joyce but you will have an awesome time with lots of stuff to scrap when you get back!

This was so much fun the last time we did it. I wasn't able to finish, but what I could participate in was a blast. Will give it a go again this year.

Me to Sandi, I'm going to give it a real good try this year!

Joyce, you will be missed, but have a WONDERFUL time... and once in a while think of us stuck at home ;)

Thanks for the kind words, ladies. I know we will enjoy the cruise; especially since it may very well be our last one. Air travel is not really easy for us these days. I plan to take lots of photos, but may not be able to post any till after we get home. Some of the ship computers have jump drives, but not many.

Okay, I must be a bit dense, but I don't actually understand what must be done. Must we submit the layouts daily? Must we post the links at the same time? I don't have any news letters so how would I get something to scrap? Sorry, just not with it. I would love to give this a go.

Okay, still not with it. The first task says, 'Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter....

What does this mean? Will each person have their own thread with all the tasks posted? Sorry, but I don't understand.

Belle, let me see if I can help...

Check out the Scrap Girls University or past newsletters for a tutorial you have been meaning to try and work through it.

This just means we are to choose a tutorial from the University here at SG (online) or from a newsletter and try to do it.

Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter and describe what you learned, ask a question for help or post an image to what you created. Add the link to a document to be submitted at the end of the month.

Once we work through the tutorial, we are to start a thread in the messageboard for our software sharing the link to the tutorial (I'd start it in PSE since that is what I use.) In that thread we'd share what we learned or ask for help. The link to that thread is saved in a document that we send in at the end of the month.

Does that help?

Okay, still not with it. The first task says, 'Requirement: Start a thread in the forum for your software with a link to the tutorial or newsletter....

What does this mean? Will each person have their own thread with all the tasks posted? Sorry, but I don't understand.

For the first task everyone will have their own thread. You need to start a document that you will save your links and task requirements in for us to verify after the month is over. There are some tasks that everyone will post a layout in the gallery. There is a thread from last year that I will locate for you to look through to see if it makes more sense.

Here is the link to last years (2010) game for those that have not participated before. This years tasks will be different but you should get the idea of what we will be looking for.

Joyce, have a great trip - a safe one! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos that you bring back.

This looks like it will be a fun month, so I'll have to give it a try. My computer is working again, I only have one puppy left, I've downloaded PSE9 to try out and I'm eager to get scrapping. I think I'm ready! :-)

I've completed Task 1 - correctly, I hope. lol I've noted it in my JJ document and will post my link here.

Kim, after I checked your link for the tut you used, I found that I had saved it, so now all I have to do is try it. :-)

When I don't understand something, I get very excitable, that's why my card is 'CHILL' for this year. :hit-head-with-hammer: At the moment I need my card. Chewing my nails here. I think I understand a bit better, thanks everybody for the help. I really want to try to do this, but I have a bored DH on holiday, his birthday today, and a crowd of people coming over today. (Why can't people just stay home???LOL) I just want to get a 'Jumpstart'. I'll have to start tomorrow and just catch up. I have followed some of the links you ladies have put on, and I understand a bit better. I hope. :disappearing-smilie:

Thanks for the kind words, ladies. I know we will enjoy the cruise; especially since it may very well be our last one. Air travel is not really easy for us these days. I plan to take lots of photos, but may not be able to post any till after we get home. Some of the ship computers have jump drives, but not many.

have a great time and enjoy every single minute

i will go back and find the jan jumpstart 2011 mb with the tasks...i may be behind and not get to it everyday but as i recall you can do that right? there is a task a day but you can do it when you can in the month of jan right? and since it is jan 2 and i havent done a thing i guess i am already behind..LOL..but can still "jump" in.... i did it last year and i found it fun and as always a great learning experience

so off to find the post

From what I remember, you don't have to do each task daily, but they all have to be done by the end of the month. I did really well with the challenges, but something happened along the 27th or 28th last year and I didn't finish. I'm going to try to keep up daily if possible. Each task itself isn't too difficult or time-consuming, but they can add up fast. Just saying...

I remember getting behind last year, too. Luckily, I was able to complete it. The great things about it is that if you can't get everything finished but do get the layouts done, you can still go in to that part of the drawing. It's so cool! I love to win things, so will be giving it my best. roflol Too fun! :-)

Archived