Hello!

~*Aria*~

I'm Aria, mother one one precious demon, I mean, angel, and married a month ago. While looking through some of the wedding photos, I realized I'm never going to get the chance to do what I used to do with photos, which was mount them to pretty papers, frame under glass, and embellish them on the glass, to set somewhere or hang. Our little girl would see to it that nothing would stay put long enough to me to do anything! But I still want to do something nicer than just slapping a picture in a frame. A cherished friend of mine does a lot of digital scrapping, but since it's later where she is, she should be in bed, so I can't ask pointers. I'm sitting here with some Fenugreek tea and a bit of midnight oil to burn.

Other hobbies include sewing (a lot, and I made my own wedding gown and all the other dresses for my wedding), crocheting, sewing, cooking, uh...wearing aprons while cooking, and mopping on my hands and knees. Something relaxing about that. Other hobbies? Uh...hm. Oh! Dance. Especially ballet. Maybe my brain's more tired than I thought.

If it matters, I'm on a Macbook Pro and know diddly about anything creative on Macs. Windows, sure, I'm able to do great things with even basic programs. But I have no clue about what's what for Mac products. Hopefully I won't be the lone one who's taken a sip of the Apple-juice!

Welcome, Aria! We're so glad you found us!

Do you have a digital program like Photoshop Elements, Photoshop, or Paint Shop Pro? If you do, I really suggest you buy Ro's Secrets e-book for your program, followed by More Secrets. They are a great investment in your sanity, as well as helping you have fun faster.

If you don't have one, you can download a 30 day trial of the Adobe products.

There are lots of lovely wedding themed collections in the boutique, too. :)

The nice thing about scrapping digitally is that there is no mess to put away, or for a child to get into.

We have members all around the world, so someone else should see this thread soon.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others out there will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

:)

I know my husband's got to have Photoshop and I think he has Paint Shop Pro or could get it. Ah, the advantages of being married to an Apple employee! Last thing he wants to do after a day or work is spend more time having to think about work though. :)

What is Ro's Secrets?

If you click on the Boutique page, it's right there under Customer Favorites. It's a series of video tutorials that walk you step by step through everything you need to know to get up and running with your software. I messed around with Photoshop Elements without a tutorial for a bit, and I was ready to throw it out the window. The video tutorials are just what you need. Then, you can check out the tutorials in the ScrapGirls University.

Be sure and sign up for the newsletter, which has great ideas, freebies, tutorials, and lots of other goodies. It comes out Monday-Saturdays, with a weekly roundup (which has its own freebie).

You can also download the free Refresh collection to have some goodies to play with. There is a "freebie" section in the boutique - you can click to it through the link on the left side of the page.

:)

Setting out to individually hand-sew 5,000 crystals to several yards of fabric? No big deal. This stuff? Daunting, and I'm overwhelmed. Maybe pushing midnight wasn't the brightest idea I've had for starting a new endeavor. :) I'd say "I'll be back in the morning!", but that's all of 28 minutes away. So give me a dozen hours. :D

Welcome to Scrap Girls Aria. I suspect we all felt a little overwhelmed at first; I know I did. I'm not a Mac user, but there are plenty of them here, and I'm sure you will be hearing from them. Gayle has given you some good advice already, so I'm just going to say join in the fun and you will learn as you go along.

Hi Aria and welcome to Scrap Girls! I echo Joyce and say join in the fun...and be sure to ask any questions you have as you go along, everyone is so helpful.

Welcome to Scrapgirls!!

Don't forget to sign up for the Free Newsletter it has tons of information!

Ro's Secrets can be found Here-there are different versions, so be sure you find hte one that goes with the program you chose to scrap with.

And don't forget there are lots of freebies like Refresh Collection to get you started!

There are a lot of Mac users here, I'm not one of them however. :) Feel free to ask questions!

Morning Aria and Welcome to this friendly, helpful place!

I work on a Mac (gotta love those Apples -- wow, imagine being married to an Apple employee!)

I work with PhotoShop ELements 6 and found it much easier than the overwhelm of PhotoShop.

You've gotten good advice from the previous posts.

I'd agree to download the Refresh collection from the Boutique.

Then try dragging a few backgrounds and elements and a photo into Photoshop or your program and see what happens.

For all it's worth, I taught myself just by trying, a good book and all the kind help from fellow ScrapGIrls.

Good luck and as has been said -- don't hesitate to ask. No question is silly!

Glad you're here!

(and ps -- wow, I am sure impressed by your many talents and what you can do and have done!)

Wow, do you really have time for another hobby? ;) I think you will like this - it lets you get creative without leaving a lot of pieces scattered around, I think that's one of the best parts. Welcome to scrapgirls. I don't use apple, but as others have said, there are lots of scrapgirls who do. Don't be afraid to ask questions, either. Lots of friendly people here.

Welcome Aria! What a wonderfully talented lady you are, and embarking on a new life adventure! Congratulations are in order. Ditto on the above advice on how to start. We're here to help, and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome Aria! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time. If you can survive raising a toddler, then you can do anything! LOL! I love digital scrapbooking for the no mess factor as well. If it weren't for digi, I wouldn't have started scrapping at all as I didn't start until after my older daughter was born.

LOL, Aggie, I am a bit hooked on coffee! This buys me a few extra hours in the day!

Tiza, Ro, thanks! Today is our "one-month-aversary", as I call it! Of what you can see in that pic, I made my gown, veil, bouquet, our daughter's gown, and my husband's boutonniere. :) Here's a link to it bigger: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150109937771357&set=a.10150109920556357.321806.601761356 Or maybe this will work:

166186_10150109937771357_601761356_8007193_3986761_n.jpg

I'd like to incorporate scraps of the fabrics and pieces of the stuff I used for the floral-things (there were no flowers, so what so I call it all?) into the scrapped framed finished things.

Welcome Aria! That is a wonderful photo! Thank you for introducing yourself too.

Making a digital layout and adding "real" embellishments is called hybrid scrapping. If you want to go with a totally digital page, you can think about taking a photograph of the fabric and your arrangement - if you still have it of course. Or, if you already have a photo with the arrangement in it, you can do what is called "extraction" or removing the background from around an item and saving it as a .png so that your background is transparent.

Archived