Project Sg 2011

Maybe some of you don't know what Project SG is, well it is a challenge for the year 2011 to stay current. There is not a set form, you can take daily pics, do weekly layouts, whatever works for you. We have a monthly chat to keep you motivated and there are incentive prizes for doing layouts and coming to the chat. Here is the breakdown.

Attend the chat get 1 point

Post up to 4 layouts get points for the month ( a double page counts as 2 points)

So you can earn up to 5 points a month.

At the end of each quarter we will do a drawing for a prize from the points you earned. The quarterly prize is a Scrapgirls Digital Layout temlate of your choice. Then at the end of the year we will have a grandprize drawing and you could win a 52 page 12 x 12 bound album from Color Inc!

Make sure your layouts are posted in this gallery so you get credit for them, this is where I will look to keep track of them for the monthly layout points.

Project SG Gallery

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! And I've gotten started and am current! That's 5 whole days of my life recorded for posterity. LOL. I really would like to see this through and finish this year, so I'm keeping it very, very simple.

Good girl Sandi! We can do this!

I'm in! And I've gotten started and am current! That's 5 whole days of my life recorded for posterity. LOL. I really would like to see this through and finish this year, so I'm keeping it very, very simple.

Yay Sandi!!

Just thought I would throw an idea out there...yesterday I finished reading the "Hunger Games" series, so I took a picture of the books for this week. I read quite a bit, so I think I will be taking pictures of some of my favs this year.

Just thought I would throw an idea out there...yesterday I finished reading the "Hunger Games" series, so I took a picture of the books for this week. I read quite a bit, so I think I will be taking pictures of some of my favs this year.

Great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done this for two years...the first in Paper, last year digital and I think I am going to do it again this year but instead of 7 photos each week I will do 4 photos each month. I really love how it forces you to look at the simple things (When your life is as boring as mine :D ) those are the neat things tho that you forget so easily. Not everything is a big event.

In 2009 I got to the end of November and just stopped due to busy-ness. This past week I got a coupon for a free photo book. I hated to turn that down so I decided the only thing close to print-ready was the 2009 album. Last night I finished the year's LOs (sadly only one 2-pg spread due to lack of photos), then sat and formatted them all for Shutterfly. What fun it was going back through the year! The big events were easily remembered, but it was the little stuff that was great to see. Even the price of gas ($1.82 exactly 2 years ago!) was surprising.

I'm just saying this to say I'm really motivated to do this again after taking 2010 off. A project like this catches the little details of life that we otherwise might forget.

Kim, that was just the motivation I needed to get on top of this. Last week got a little weird, so I slowed down on the photos, but am getting caught up now. Staying up with the photos seems to be the sticking point for me. Well, taking them isn't the problem, getting them on the computer is where I'm hanging up.

I kind of lose track of the photos sometimes too, but I try to just keep doing the layouts anyways. That was something that got me stuck just over halfway through last year's layouts. I had to let that perfectionist part of the project go. Really, I did a weekly page with just one photo. I did journal a bit about the other things that happened too even if I didn't have a photo for it. :)

And honestly, if we didn't all love the book I did for 2009 so much, I might not have kept at it either. :)

I am motivated to stay closer to currant because I take so many photos I start drowning in them. For instance, I kept up reasonably well with 4 LO a mo last year but my year is not close to finished - that's because I take so many pics that there was no way to finish them all even with 4 LO a mo! LOL I have brushed up on cramming pages with as many photos as possible ;) hehehe

My goal this year is to actually scrap all of the pictures I take as soon as I can after I take them, even if that means I post more than 4 LO in the gallery per mo (even though I know I will only get points for 4 - you know what I mean). I might feel some pressure, especially around those bigger events where I am taking a dozen photos per kid (remember I have 4 of them, so every year there are 6 birthdays, an anniversary, school events x 4, & HUGE holiday sprees). I will try to shoot a few of those smaller things that tend to slip by unnoticed as well. I really like seeing those photos when others take them & always tell myself I need to shoot things like that but I get so busy with the thousands of pictures I DO take I tend to put those off... I am already starting a small list of things I want to take photos of when I have grandkids because they are things I wish I had thought to take photos of with my kids & that stage is long gone for us.

I had so hoped to win the album for 2010, I still keep memorabilia & do a page or two on paper so I wouldn't use it for my album, but it would have been perfect for the album I am working on for my brother's Europe trip. I know that it will end up at least 52 pages & since it is a gift I had hoped that the printing of said album would not come out of pocket! LOL He has offered to cover print cost but who wants to hand over a disk & say "Merry Christmas, here's your album"? :)

Hmmm, guess I am off to see if there are any photos I have taken recently that I haven't scrapped yet! :)

This is something I would love to do. It's been forever since I've scrapped anything and need some motivation to get started again.

Jump in!! I'm going to try very hard to keep it up too :)

Just as I figured, Project SG is perfect for my scrapping goals... I've done 2 layouts for week 1 and 1 layout for week 2, but just like Jenna said above, I usually take a lot of photos and will have many MORE LO's to do than 4 a month... but probably won't have time to do one LO a day. I would like to post all of mine in the Project SG gallery, even if I have more than 4 for the month, and I know I won't get more than 4 points for them. Ideally, I want to do a layout for each of my girls every week, so that would be a minimum of 8 layouts per month. Anyway, I'm rambling, but this is a great project!

I just posted my first couple of weeks for 2011.

Week 1

Week 2

I also take lots of pictures but I don't think of this project as a way to use all or even most of them. I see this more as a way to capture events of the year but also little moments that I might otherwise forget or neglect to document. For me, one page a week has worked well - I decided against two pages per week partly to keep printing costs more reasonable. In 2009, I posted nearly all my pages in the gallery here and printed a 54 page book for my DH's Feb. birthday. Last year, I was very consistent posting for the first few months but then was not on Scrapgirls too often and left many of my pages unposted. I kept up for much of the year though, and expect to get my 2010 book printed end of Februrary (I have 5 layouts to finish). It is great to be able to participate in this forum for motivation and inspiration. I'll be jumping in when I can and watching what everyone else is doing with their project.

Thanks for sharing all the great ideas and providing a glimpse into your year.

I have to ask a question about the supplies we use...

This morning I got an e-mail from another digital scrapbooking site saying that they were no longer going to allow posts in their gallery unless they were laid out using mostly products from their site. Since I don't post on that site, I didn't really care. But then it got me thinking... the only site I post on is ScrapGirls (albeit quite infrequently!) but I do use products from a million different sites. I wanted to check to make sure there were no issues with me posting my Project 52 even if I don't include a ScrapGirls product in every layout.

Can anyone just confirm or clarify what rules the of etiquette are for this project (or just for posting at ScrapGirls in general)?

Thanks all!!!

This morning I got an e-mail from another digital scrapbooking site saying that they were no longer going to allow posts in their gallery unless they were laid out using mostly products from their site. Since I don't post on that site, I didn't really care. But then it got me thinking... the only site I post on is ScrapGirls (albeit quite infrequently!) but I do use products from a million different sites. I wanted to check to make sure there were no issues with me posting my Project 52 even if I don't include a ScrapGirls product in every layout.

Can anyone just confirm or clarify what rules the of etiquette are for this project (or just for posting at ScrapGirls in general)?

Thanks all!!!

You can post LOs in the SG gallery using products from anywhere. You should remember to give credit to the designers and we cannot put links to other sites here. I think that covers the big things. I'm sure there is a post somewhere with all the rules. We love to see LOs in the gallery so feel free to post yours no matter where the products come from! I look forward to seeing your work!

Thanks all!!!

You can post LOs in the SG gallery using products from anywhere. You should remember to give credit to the designers and we cannot put links to other sites here. I think that covers the big things. I'm sure there is a post somewhere with all the rules. We love to see LOs in the gallery so feel free to post yours no matter where the products come from! I look forward to seeing your work!

You can review the Terms of Use if you need any more clarification. :) There is even a handy little link at the top of the page too, on the right.

Well, here it is then end of the third week in January, and I'm just now thinking of jumping in....where do I start? I can't figure out what the requirements are.

The requirements are pretty simple Ann. You can make this challenge work for you. Some people want to do a page a week, others a double page per week, or even a single or double page a month. You could even do a page a quarter if that is what works for you. You can earn up to 5 "points" a month for posting layouts and attending the chat. One for the chat, and up to 4 for the layouts you post. There is a random winner selected quarterly, (they win a layout template) so the more you do, the better chance you have of winning. There is a grand prize at the end of the year too - the photo book from Color Inc. Let us know if you have any more questions or if I wasn't clear about something.

Well I'm not that far behind, but then it's still only January! Well here are my first 2 weeks.

2011 Week 1

2011 Week 2

I am taking a photo a day and doing one page per week. I may add extra pages this year for special events. I haven't decided yet.

I added extra pages for Christmas Eve and Christmas last year and the year before. I'm sure I'll add an extra spread for the wedding this year too. :)

Archived