Project Sg 2011

What an exciting challenge!! Yet it looks like I am already a wee bit behind in my layouts -- but determined to get going and catch up! I still have tomorrow for this month - right? :)

I can say that I have been taking a "Picture of the Day" - each day - and then paste the picture and journal about it, in my new journal book. It has helped me look at the simplier things around me -- and appreciate each one a little more!

*Could I repost my layout I recently submitted in the other gallery into this gallery?? - Just asking :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I would throw an idea out there...yesterday I finished reading the "Hunger Games" series, so I took a picture of the books for this week. I read quite a bit, so I think I will be taking pictures of some of my favs this year.

Ooo I just finished the first book. Hubby ordered me the box set for my birthday next week! Such a great book but I never thought of scrapping it. You girls are awesome.

I would live to do this but gosh i am so behind with scrapping my kids lives. I just bought some templates to help me but x3 kids makes for alot to do. And, I don't know about you but I love scrapping my daughter. She is so photogenic and the kits for girls are many! BUT oh boy! and I mean BOYs... my preschooler is sadly lacking in pages. Probably because he was born right after Katrina and picture taking was the least of my concerns. Now I have got to make some pages for him before I embarrass myself when he is 20. He will have a tiny little stack and my daughter will be drowning in pages. LOL

Its one full week into February now and I'm current! I really, really, really want to finish this project this year. January was a little skimpy on photos documenting my life so I'm trying to do better this month, photographing the everyday things I do. I would really like to encourage us all to keep this up, even when life is too boring for photos or too hectic to take photos. At least we can journal about how our month was at the end and put that on a LO.

I'm checking in to see how everyone else is doing... I haven't scrapped much lately, and I'm WAAAAYYY behind now! I will catch up, though... as soon as DH starts up with school again! That's really the only time I get any "free time." =)

I agree with April. This challenge is such a joy. Awesome work everybody. We will have some incredible printed booklets at the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anything about the next chat yet either. I worked on my Feb LOs quite a bit yesterday and I'm close to finishing them up and posting. Gotta get my pic for today yet and do the journaling. Since I'm sort of doing a month in review, its not too big a job. I'm really enjoying this and really, really, really want to complete it.

• 1 month later...

I am almost caught up too. I'm hoping to get there by tomorrow afternoon. :) I just need a few photos from my daughters-- especially the engagement session. (I've seen them on facebook.)

And we are scheduling the chats one and two months out. They will show up on the message board calendar and in the newsletter. The next chat is scheduled for Tuesday, April 5th at 7 pm MDT.

(The May and June chats are also scheduled on the first Tuesday at 7 pm MT.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd really like to jump into this...a bit late perhaps. But I think this would give me a good motivation to work on LO's when I'm stuck on a challenge or something...plus it would be a great way to document the year!

Even if the quarterly challenges have passed, we can still start from the beginning and post 4 Lo's a month until we catch up though, if I am understanding correctly that would go towards the end of year challenge?

Also, I noticed the prompts to help with the Lo's so this is just a "just do what you want" type of style I'm guessing? :D

I'd really like to jump into this...a bit late perhaps. But I think this would give me a good motivation to work on LO's when I'm stuck on a challenge or something...plus it would be a great way to document the year!

Even if the quarterly challenges have passed, we can still start from the beginning and post 4 Lo's a month until we catch up though, if I am understanding correctly that would go towards the end of year challenge?

Also, I noticed the prompts to help with the Lo's so this is just a "just do what you want" type of style I'm guessing? :D

I'd say just jump in!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived