Project Sg 2011

Oh my gosh! Half the year is gone, but I just might jump in and try to finish the rest of the year. I can always go back and do a layout a month for January through May. Better late than never is my motto. LOL

Let me check the prompts and see what is what.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question ... which I probably should of asked before now :) --- I think that I may have submitted layouts to the general message board gallery -- but may not have included them in the Project SG Gallery. Will they still be counted?? --- Also, I heard it was ok to resubmit layouts done for other challenges -- to also be included -- ?? Thanks in advance! jo~

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I dropped the monthly double spread when life got crazy around April, but I am doing a year in revue double LO with each month's highlights. I just finished August. I'm sure glad I file my photos in monthly folders, makes it pretty easy to choose what to commemorate. I'm going to complete a year someday. Seriously doubt it will be 2012 though.

Good for you Becky! That's awesome. I decided way late in the game this year to try and put together a yearly review book for my family. It's set up different than by week, but it has been such a blast putting it together, now I just need to finish up a few more months and I'll have completed my first one.

Congratulations to all the people who completed their Project SG.

having-a-party.gif

In September Blurb offered a discount, and, remembering they don't usually have sales in January, I decided my Project didn't have to be the full year and I put together my book then. I included all my weekly pages and a lot of other pages I'd made this year up through September.

I intended to continue making my weekly pages and turn my Project 52 into an October-September plan, but I let myself be busy with other things and haven't made another weekly layout since September!

I plan to get back to it in one way or another though. I really like the rhythm of scrapping one layout each week of photos from that week.

Happy New Year everyone!new_year.gif

will there be a Project SG 2012? Just found this challenge, and need something to motivate me to keep on track!

I was wondering the same thing. I think its a great idea (and I love looking at all the LOs that will be actual books one day, so inspiring!). I have started to take a picture a day, but I'll need motivation to stick with it, too. I'm terrible at finishing large projects like that, so cheerleaders and cheerleading ohters helps me to stay committed.

As much as I really love 12x12, I think this year I'm going to try my Project 52 in 8.5x11. At least I know I can print them out as I do them and get them into a book right away. Time will tell!

I like printing my pages as I go ... visually seeing my book come together helps me keep at it. I'm at Thanksgiving for 2011 ... not bad.

How do you all keep your photos organized?

I upload my photos from my camera with Lightroom (used PSE Organizer until just a few months ago) every time I take pictures, renaming the photos with the date they were taken and putting them into a folder titled the date the photos were taken. And those folders go into yearly subfolders in my Pictures directory. Immediately upon uploading I caption the photos and then upload them to Smugmug for back up. When I'm ready to do each week's layout, I just browse through the folders from that week and open the ones I want to scrap by right clicking and opening them in PSE.

Go for it! Write a reminder in your calendar and you'll be able to keep up.

I was also wondering if this will be a 2012 event. I have never tried this before as I also have a problem with keeping big projects on track. I plan to try though if this is going to be done again in 2012. How do you all keep your photos organized?

Yes, I'm just working out a few details before I post the official thread. The chat is on Tuesday, so I'll be posting it on Monday. :)

I plan to post my New Year LOs for this one so I will wait until the official 2012 gallery is up & running.

If you post your layouts in the Project SG Gallery, I will count any layout posted in 2012! You don't need to wait for our kick-off chat tomorrow to get started. I'll post the new thread in a bit.

Archived