Pe6-installing Action/can't Find Folder

MariJ

Sorry - I posted this last night, but didn't realize there was an actual PE section.

I bought the action EHI Gold 5 401 last summer and finally am brave enough to try to install it.

I'm following both the free ScrapSimple Handbook AND the directions that downloaded with the product.

The instructions say to follow this path --

"Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\6.0\ Locale\en-US\Photo Creations\Layer Styles."

I get as far as "Photoshop Elements 6.0" folder, open it, but there is no "Locale" folder.

The only thing in the "Photoshop Elements 6.0" folder is a folder named "Presets"

I can not find any other folder that says "locale".

I even tried to "search" through finder and no folder came up.

Please can anyone help? I am so frustrated.

I am working on a MAC in PE6. Thank you if anyone can "HELP", please and thanks!

Maybe this will help, I was just talking to another customer who was having issues finding the folders on her's also. She wrote me back and told me this:

All fixed -- my husband came in because I still couldn't make out what was going wrong -- when you mentioned the path for the Mediadatabase you began with Library. I have 2, one master and the one within my account. I was looking at my account. Hubby helped me notice on the instructions you linked that it should have been the HD/Library. Not sure how the other files appeared in there, I only put them in the local one?? Who knows, it's fixed now. Thanks for all your patience and help!

Hopefully that will give you another place to start

Maybe this will help, I was just talking to another customer who was having issues finding the folders on her's also. She wrote me back and told me this:

All fixed -- my husband came in because I still couldn't make out what was going wrong -- when you mentioned the path for the Mediadatabase you began with Library. I have 2, one master and the one within my account. I was looking at my account. Hubby helped me notice on the instructions you linked that it should have been the HD/Library. Not sure how the other files appeared in there, I only put them in the local one?? Who knows, it's fixed now. Thanks for all your patience and help!

Hopefully that will give you another place to start

Thank you Angie - I will get on it and try exploring this option -- as you said it's a place to start as right now I don't have a clue!

Appreciate your help!

Well, thank you Angie!

I started poking around looking for different "library"s like you suggested...

And, I don't even know how, but when I then went back and started from the beginning again at "HD" and continued on, I was suddenly in the correct spot!

Funny enough -- I'm not sure how I did it and then couldn't find the incorrect place I'd been in before.. Strange......

But, I did find the folder I needed and then followed the instructions to install both a style and then an action!

Whew... I don't know how it happened, but your suggestions were the start.

Thanks so much to you and all who tried to help!

I appreciate your kind assistance...

Archived