3 replies to this topic

#1 LauraJB

LauraJB

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Got a question. Can we take real stickers and scan them into the computer and use them on our digi pages? if so how do we do it and how do I separate out the individual stickers on the strips.

I have pse6 and use pc on windows 7

Laura
"Avid scrapbooker and a wana be avid digi scrapbooker"

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

#2 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

You can probably scan them and use them on personal pages, but you definitely could not resell them as digital supplies. I would scan the page of stickers and then extract them individually via your favorite method. I use PSCS3, so I am not entirely familiar with PSE. Depending on how I wanted the stickers to look, I would use the background extractor, the pen tool or the extract filter.

HTH!

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 varanda

varanda

whatevah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I wouldn't get in the habit of doing it. The company sold you real stickers to use as they are, not to scan them in. Once you turn a real item into a digital format you are in effect infringing on their copyrights even just using it for your own personal use. I'd find a way to combine digital scrapbooking with your stickers and create unique hybrid artworks.
Valerie

#4 LauraJB

LauraJB

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks ya'll. I bought these stickers years ago and my paper scrapping went by the wayside because of life. Just too darn busy to work on them not to mention adding 2 more kids to the pot and buying a delapitated farm and gutting and renovating it too. And we are still working on said farm...I just would like to use these items on my personal pages. I need to get rid of the majority of the stickers before they get ruined.

Laura
"Avid scrapbooker and a wana be avid digi scrapbooker"

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users