6 replies to this topic

#1 Cindyrene

Cindyrene

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:19 AM

I have a 12x12 paper scrapbook of my wedding that was done years ago. I live overseas, and would rather leave my wedding album safe in my mom's care in the U.S. Still, I'd love to be able to show it to friends. Solution: I'd like to have it scanned and printed and bound as an 8x8 hardcover book. What's the best way to go about doing this?

#2 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Gosh, it sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure how you'd go about it. With 12x12, you may need to go to a professional shop, maybe someplace like Kinko's could do it all for you, or you could have it scanned there then go to one of the places people have recommended here for printing, since you'd be putting the photos (your pages) up online. Someone should be along soon who has actually done this. Good luck!

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#3 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,602 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

I was thinking the same thing as Aggie. You could scan it yourself, one half at a time and use a photomerge feature to patch it together, but the quality might not be the same as scanning it in at a Staples or Kinko's type place.

#4 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,044 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

My local scrapbook store has an Epson professional large bed scanner, and I'm sure others do as well. Is there a traditional paper scrapbook store anywhere there? Check with them to see if they have a machine.

I had a couple scrapbooks scanned; the cost was pretty high, but worth it to me to have the peace of mind that I have a quality backup of my wedding album and my grandparents' heritage album I made.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Cindyrene

Cindyrene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

I can't imagine that I would make good enough scans and merges to make it work well on my own equipment, so I'm definitely looking at needing to take it some place.

Okay - so places like Kinko's have larger scanners for this type of thing? There is one of those in my hometown, and we'll be there this summer.

But then for turning it into a hardcover book, I'll probably just need to send the scans to an online place, maybe? Recommendations? Kinko's (now known as "FedEx Office" doesn't do that type of thing at local stores, does it?

#6 Cindyrene

Cindyrene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

My local scrapbook store has an Epson professional large bed scanner, and I'm sure others do as well. Is there a traditional paper scrapbook store anywhere there? Check with them to see if they have a machine.

I had a couple scrapbooks scanned; the cost was pretty high, but worth it to me to have the peace of mind that I have a quality backup of my wedding album and my grandparents' heritage album I made.

Last time we were home, which will have been 3 years ago when we go this summer, there were no scrapbooking stores in town. The only thing we had was a Hobby Lobby. I know...sad, isn't it? However, we have family in another city which has a scrapbooking store. I can check there. Good idea.

#7 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

I have a couple of 12x12 scrapbooks from paper scrapping days I'd like to scan too. I have an Epson scanner, but it is regular size. I recently did a scan of a large portrait photo in two parts and put them together in photoshop quite easily. Of course, no 3D elements to worry about with that. I now live in a very small town so would have to travel to get this done. I'm interested to see how others do with this project. I'd surely like to do it.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users