How Do I Change Text From Caps To Lower Case

bjc

i have already done a bunch of text...and didnt realize for some of the time my caps button was on...in the font i was doing it didnt matter as it was an all caps font..but now i have decided to change the font..and when i did some of the text was in upper case and some in lower case ...i would like to change the upper case font to lower case without re typing all that text..there must be a way ..i just dont know.. can you help? i use cs5

Open your Character Window and there is a row of different character styles at the bottom. With your text selected, you can click on the different text styles. I've changed to all caps with it, but haven't gone from caps to lower case. There are lots of fun options there that are fun to play with.

Well, I was going to say what April said - but I also have noticed that once in a great while, some of the fonts don't always just change to lower case when I do that - sometimes I have to go back in and change a few of the words, letters, whatever manually because the font I've chosen doesn't just convert - does that even make sense?

Bobbie, I just went in and purposely tried it - it does work on some of my fonts - but some are just made to be all caps anyway, I guess and I think that's what I was thinking about - I have way too many fonts and sometimes I don't look before I leap!

Archived