Tutorial On Ayo 4x6 Layouts

BarbaraC1977

I really enjoyed Laurel Lakey's tutorial today on using AYO 4x6 kits for speed scrapping. I wanted to add one suggested for "mixing up kits."

If you are fortunate enough to have Windows 7, you can create "virtual folders" to view certain files. These virtual folders are called libraries.

So you can create a Library "4x6 AYO kits." Then go to each 4x6 AYO collection you own, right click the folder and select "Include in Library..." and choose the 4x6 AYO kits library. It includes subfolders, also. Presto! You have a virtual folder containing all of these kits, WITHOUT making another copy, WITHOUT taking up more disk space, and without moving your files.

You can do this for any folders. You can create a virtual folder/library of all of your Alphas, for instance. I'm just now beginning to think about other ways to use this feature, as long as you include the entire folder. (I wish they had a way to include specific single files. A girl can dream.) Nonetheless, as I play with this feature, I'm finding it's incredibly powerful and helpful.

Thanks, Lei. Aggie, yes, I use Windows Explorer for searches now. It is so fast for me, both in the regular Documents folders and in the Libraries. On my Windows 7 machine it's very quick. The largest icons are fabulous previews, too, although I usually increase the size AFTER it's done searching.

Archived