Great Feature

PolkaDot

Do you close down unnecessary background processes? On my old laptop, when things got sluggish I would go into the task manager and shut off anything I wasn't using and the computer didn't need to run. A common offender to really slow things down was Adobe Reader. If I wasn't using it, I would close it. I could always just reopen anything I closed by clicking on the program throught Start>All Programs. Another thing I ALWAYS closed was Windows Automatic Update. Nothing like having the computer restart in the middle of a layout! It will reload the next time the computer is started anyway (unless you have it set up otherwise.)

I'm on a Mac, but I do close most things down. I'm not a leave-it-all-open-all-the-time kind of girl. :)

I used this tip the other night working on a layout. It was pretty helpful.

I am so glad to hear it! I have been using it a lot lately, too. It really works so well. Imagine- LOL! It's fun to find new things in PS!

Have been using this with PSP for a while this year. Windows>New Window. Didn't think to share, 'cause PSP isn't used by many here, but if you'd like I can post a few tips I've discovered that's very helpful and time-saving as well.

Sure, share away! Tips and tricks are good! You may even want to start a new thread to attract the PSP scrappers, and I think there's a bunch here. It is a fun program... I started with it back when I was teaching embroidery software, but switched over to PS just because I was determined to learn it. I still like some of the great features which are unique to PSP, though.

Found this and thought right away that I would like to share. I am using PSCS5, but think it may be in earlier versions and perhaps the latest version of PSE.

Open your photo. Go to Window>Arrange>New Window for IMG. Then go to Window>Arrange>Tile. Your image and a duplicate are side by side, and you can zoom in on one, do detail work and see how it will look in the normal sized view, plus it's great for keeping things "natural." I really like this feature, since it's hard to tell how the print size might look without constantly zooming in and out.

Hope it will help some of you and I am not just the last to know this- LOL!

Something so simple yet so useable! Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived