Need Help With Tcs_ssemb_tucked Photos

Barb Eugene

I've haven't used that particular product, but just took a peak at it- wonderful kit! There are.psd files (layered files) included, that you can drag it into your window and fill in the layers. A warning message may come up, just click ok and play with your scrapping. There should be a file included with the product that explains how to use it that will help (they aren't usually software specific, but if anything is, it can usually be worked around easily) and there's also a free EBook about how to use different products that you may find helpful. Have fun! :-)

Good morning, and welcome, Barb. I've used those in Corel Photo-Paint, and it's very similar to PSP. Basically, drag all three PNG files for the "frames" or two PNG files for the Edges into your document. The JPGs are composite previews; you don't need these.

For a frame, the charcoal grey large PNG with "soft" edges is the bottom-most layer; it's the shadow. The grey layer with sharp edges is the mask and goes above it. Place the photo of interest above the black layer. The charcoal gray "corners" go on top. Clip the photo to the grey layer, so that only the portion directly over the grey layer is visible. I don't remember how to do a clip mask in PSP, but I'm sure someone else will be along soon to cover that part.

Adjust the positions of the upper and lower shadow layers to suit your image and selected light direction, so they "peek out" where you want them. Hope this helps at least a little.

I don't know how to clip the photo to the dark layer. My only solution was to actually erase the parts of the photo that peaked out where it shouldn't be. But that really wasn't a good solution.

I don't know if this will help, but you may want to see post #4 in this thread. HTH

I don't know how to clip the photo to the dark layer. My only solution was to actually erase the parts of the photo that peaked out where it shouldn't be. But that really wasn't a good solution.

I don't know if this will help, but you may want to see post #4 in this thread. HTH

I tried making a mask layer out of the light gray layer that had the sharp edges but that didn't work that well either. I still had to erase portions of the photo that peaked out.

Hi Barb. I'm sure that there are different ways of doing it but what I do is copy the image and paste as a new layer over the photo matte. Size it, until you're happy with the fit over the matte - lowering the opacity for this can help. I make the photo matte active, then click on it, with the magic wand, in the image window to make it active. I then make the image active, click Selections/Invert, then click delete. The photo is now the same size as the matte and can have the opacity raised back to 100%. click on the eye beside the matte, because you don't need it anymore. HTHs :-)

Hi Barb. I'm sure that there are different ways of doing it but what I do is copy the image and paste as a new layer over the photo matte. Size it, until you're happy with the fit over the matte - lowering the opacity for this can help. I make the photo matte active, then click on it, with the magic wand, in the image window to make it active. I then make the image active, click Selections/Invert, then click delete. The photo is now the same size as the matte and can have the opacity raised back to 100%. click on the eye beside the matte, because you don't need it anymore. HTHs :-)

Thank you so much! That worked so nicely!!

Archived