Digi Scrap And Laptops?

~*Kiana*~

Do most of you use a laptop for scrapping? I have an amazing I.T. hubby who built me an awesome desktop. I'd like a laptop too though. Does anyone still have desktops? LOL

Do you use external hard drives for scrapping on your laptop?

I'm just being nosy..just wanted to see what you all use. :)B)^_^

Oh I love my desktop...after all it was made specially for ME!! LOL

I just wondered how many of us use a laptop....I'd like to get one and try it, like you said, for trips or like now when hubby is next to me in bed snoring but I don't wanna go downstairs to my desktop...LOL

I only have a laptop! But I chose that because we have a cabin that we frequent and I thought it was good to have so I could scrap while away. Sometimes I do. Usually that is when I catch up on reading my PDF files and learn new things. I have no internet at the cabin but I do at the adult club room. So somtimes I go there and chat but not all the time. just check e-mail. Good luck in your search.

Oh I love my desktop...after all it was made specially for ME!! LOL

I just wondered how many of us use a laptop....I'd like to get one and try it, like you said, for trips or like now when hubby is next to me in bed snoring but I don't wanna go downstairs to my desktop...LOL

There are a lot of scrappers that use a laptop exclusively because it is so portable and they can be in the same room as the family. I'd have a hard time going on vacation without it. :D

Hi - I've only ever had a laptop - never a desktop.

So far I store all my supplies on the laptop (but currently am in the process of adding more hard drive!)

I love the portability of the laptop -- I can use it all over the house or bring wherever I'm going!

My desktop is my baby - and I just got a new one. I really like coming into my office (I like thinking of it as my "studio" lol) away from the rest of the house. When we travel, I wouldn't have time to scrap - it's either for work or vacation - and I'm doing other stuff. However, I did get a little netbook that I love - I use it for chatting, the messageboard, and for checking my email. I use it around the house, like in front of the TV, in bed, and I always take it with me to stay connected. It's ultra portable and suites my needs.

The only time I needed a notebook for scrapping was at a Scrap Girls meet-up, where I met some other members and we scrapped together. I borrowed my husband's. But I really don't have a desire to get one for myself. I prefer my desktop.

I do the bulk of my SBing on a laptop which my DH has hooked a second monitor to I LOVE IT, I can have PSE open on the right and my supplies on the left and pics and slide them into my layout! I use a EHD to store my supplies and pics and I also use Mozy to backup both my EHD and HD incase of a crash!

Right now I'm using a laptop for my only computer, but will soon be adding a desktop to the arsenal of tools. I do use an EHD, but keep the most current supplies on the laptop. I do love the portability and there are lots of nights in hotel rooms where I am very glad to have it with me. I love using it in the living room with my feet propped up on the big ottoman, or even while in bed. When I'm seriously scrapping or working on photos, I'm at the kitchen table most often. Its been tons of fun to take to meetups and the conventions (hope we get another of those). Overall, I've been very comfortable with it, though I'm envious of the great desktop setups I know some of our friends have (I've seen April's...ideal!). I've even scrapped a little on my netbook, though the screen was tiny, not something I'd want to do except in a pinch.

Right now I'm using a laptop for my only computer, but will soon be adding a desktop to the arsenal of tools. I do use an EHD, but keep the most current supplies on the laptop. I do love the portability and there are lots of nights in hotel rooms where I am very glad to have it with me. I love using it in the living room with my feet propped up on the big ottoman, or even while in bed. When I'm seriously scrapping or working on photos, I'm at the kitchen table most often. Its been tons of fun to take to meetups and the conventions (hope we get another of those). Overall, I've been very comfortable with it, though I'm envious of the great desktop setups I know some of our friends have (I've seen April's...ideal!). I've even scrapped a little on my netbook, though the screen was tiny, not something I'd want to do except in a pinch.

I use a laptop, but it mostly stays on my desk b/c it's so heavy LOL! I use the desktop still too, mostly for printing and scanning, and the kids playing games. :) I do like the portability of the laptop, since I've worked in bed when I wasn't feeling well, and parked it on the couch when the kids were watching a movie. :) I use lots of EHD's too.

I have a desktop with dual monitors that i love! I do have a laptop also, but it's only used for scrapping when my desktop is under repair (only happened once, thank goodness!), or for the SG meetups or the convention a couple of years ago.

I have an awesome desktop that I use a lot of the time but I also use my laptop to scrap because I can do it and still be a part of my family activities - it took me awhile to get used to it but either one is fine with me and actually, when I am on the laptop I'm sitting in a comfortable chair, taking my time, watching tv and sitting with dh, so I really do kind of like my laptop.

I am a desktop scrapper. I like having the big monitor! I use to have a laptop and loved being able to take my scrapping with me. The goal is to get another laptop so I have the option of using both. My digi supplies are saved on an EHD (and backed up to mozy).

I have a netbook with an extra large screen attached. I keep my e-mail and notepad on the small screen and scrap on the big screen. I have it on a trolley with wheels and can take it anywhere in the house.

I have both - I have a quad-core desktop with lots of memory, hard drive space and two EHDs hooked to it. I have an i7 laptop with even more memory and hard drive space, so I dual-load everything and can scrap from either. I have 64 bit Windows 7 on LT and 32 bit on DT, so I sort of favor the laptop. But love scrapping on either - any time, any where, any how! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

WOW....lots of responses THANKS for everyone's input. I love my desktop!! But I also think I'd like a laptop too, for the being part of the family days. Besides, sometimes, my butt hurts....LOL

I enjoyed reading all the reasons why you prefer YOUR setup, scrap away!!

I love my desktop, too. For sheer horsepower at a bargain price, you can't beat a desktop. I have a 20" monitor, and will add another monitor one of these days--I can't have enough screen real estate, either. I do scrap occasionally on a laptop, especially if I can hook it to another monitor, but a laptop that came CLOSE to my desktop's speed and power (<$1000) would cost about $3,000. That's not in my budget.

I use both. I love my desktop for the same reasons as most. My monitor is an HD montior 25.5", so I can see my LO's nice and BIG!! But since I am so addicted I use my laptop (17in. widescreen, 500 GB hardrive) equally as much. We have five people in the house so there is always someone on a computer most the time. So with both available, I can scrap whenever I have a spare moment. I just don't keep as much supplies on my laptop overall but of course ALL my SG's stuff is on there!!

right now I wish I had some stuff on this laptop, but since its my hubby's I don't think he'd approve...but we're at his moms and there's nothing really to do, I'd love to be able to play!

Archived