What Is Clarity?

bjc

Bobbie, what I do is go to the top of the page and click on the button right above the first post that says "Watch Topic." A screen will come up asking for the type of notification you want. I choose "No Email" (or something like that).

Then when I want to find my watched topics, I go to my Profile and choose "My Settings> Forums (from the tabs at the top)> Manage Watched Topics." If your topic doesn't show up right away, you can change the Date range at the bottom of your screen to show a larger time period. :)

HTH!

PS - Or you can just bookmark the page in your browser. ;)

Bobbie, what I do is go to the top of the page and click on the button right above the first post that says "Watch Topic." A screen will come up asking for the type of notification you want. I choose "No Email" (or something like that).

Then when I want to find my watched topics, I go to my Profile and choose "My Settings> Forums (from the tabs at the top)> Manage Watched Topics." If your topic doesn't show up right away, you can change the Date range at the bottom of your screen to show a larger time period. :)

HTH!

PS - Or you can just bookmark the page in your browser. ;)

thanks

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is a couple years old, but it addresses an issue I'm having.

My layouts look great on my computer screen but when I have them printed they seem to be darker and shiny embellishments look kind of dull.

I'm guessing the product that was mentioned several times (HDI_Clarify_600) is no longer available in the boutique since it doesn't come up in a search, but is there a good substitute to sharpen an image?

Or a process I can do on PSE to achieve the same result?

Any input from more seasoned scrap bookers would be welcome.

Thanks,

Karen

I know this thread is a couple years old, but it addresses an issue I'm having.

My layouts look great on my computer screen but when I have them printed they seem to be darker and shiny embellishments look kind of dull.

I'm guessing the product that was mentioned several times (HDI_Clarify_600) is no longer available in the boutique since it doesn't come up in a search, but is there a good substitute to sharpen an image?

Or a process I can do on PSE to achieve the same result?

Any input from more seasoned scrap bookers would be welcome.

Thanks,

Karen

This product was developed by Heidi when I was a layout designer. We'd had some discussions about it and found that we used a similar process to clarify layouts and photos. Heidi, as a designer at the time, developed the process into an action that was very helpful to our customers. Heidi is no longer with Scrap Girls, nor are her products.

I know how to create actions, and I have a lot that I use for my own purposes. However, I've never created them for sale. They can be tricky sometimes, especially when trying to get it to work in PSE. If you would like, I will see if I can build out my clarifying process into an action available for sale.

Karen, another thing you may want to make sure...Make certain your photofinisher (printer) is not color correcting in any way when they print your layouts. You already have the colors exactly the way you want them. I know I've had troubles with this at Shutterfly when I have forgotten to turn off their automatic color correction.

Is Heidi's Clairty in the boutique for purchase? I looked and could not find it - if not, how does one get it? Thanks in advance.

Just up above Elisha said that since Heidi is no longer at SG, her products aren't available. I got excited when I saw this thread, too, and didn't realize it was a couple of years old!

Sorry to take so long to follow up to those of you who replied to this thread.

From Elibar:

I know how to create actions, and I have a lot that I use for my own purposes. However, I've never created them for sale. They can be tricky sometimes, especially when trying to get it to work in PSE. If you would like, I will see if I can build out my clarifying process into an action available for sale.

Thanks Elisha, for your offer. As I researched this a little further, I found a reply you gave in a different thread (Reply #4 on "My Glitters and Sparkles Don't Show"). You gave a specific process of using a high pass filter and Linear Light blending mode to achieve better clarity on a layout. I'll work with that for awhile and see if I can get the result I want.

Cheri T,

Your suggestion about color correction was also helpful. I use Persnickety Prints, and have always thought they did a good job for me. It's just in my most recent order that there are a few pages that I'm not happy with. I've been considering having them re-print those pages that are bothering me the most. Just need to make a call to their customer service, and I will ask about color correction.

It is so wonderful to have access to you more experienced scrappers on this board! Thanks again.

Karen

Archived