Getting A New Computer With Windows 7

bjc

i just couldnt take working on my slow and small LT when i come to babysit my dgs..i am usually away from my dt for 3 days.. and i decided i need to get a DT for when i am in the city with dgs... so that i can scrap without pulling my hair out..i am getting a fast HP...i have an HP DT at home .... my present dt has vista...the new one has windows 7..anything i need to know ...will it be easy to figure out windows 7?

i have some prorams that i want to make sure will work...i have acdsee 12, amp font viewer will they be ok?

anyone use mozy? what do i have to do to get mozy to backup this new computer without losing all my stuff... my stuff is on an ehd..which i will be using with this computer and my old DT...anyone know

any other things i need to know when i get the new computer..

thanks for your help

Bobbie I just got Mozy (actually at your recommendation) :)! I think I saw a link on the site to backup if you have a new computer, I would check the customer questions section. I don't know about the other programs, but a new faster computer is always fun good luck!

Make sure you get Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate (I have Ultimate and EVERY old program I had works fine). Win7 Home Premium is not compatible with some older programs.

Not sure about back-up, but I transitioned easily from Vista to Win7. Good luck!

W7 is faster than vista and only a little different so you should be just fine, I love it. Most of your newer programs should work it's some of the older ones that you could have trouble with.

We have Win 7 on the desktop and it runs all of the programs you mentioned just fine. Well, I'm not sure about ACDSee because I don't have that one but everything else was a go. I really prefer Win 7 to Vista. So much that I'm strongly considering upgrading my laptop.

I have a few friends that when they got new computers with Win7 their printers wouldn't work. They ended up getting new printers. I have no idea what their computers/printers were, so I'm no help, huh??

I love Windows 7, have it on my laptop and netbook!

Bobbie,

Go to the Canon website, support & drivers section (don't know what they call it) and look for a driver for Windows 7. If they have one, you're set. If not, it may still be ok, but you can ask them. Also, check whether it's 32 bit or 64 bit. Most but not all new Win7 computers are 64 bit.

Archived