I Am Getting A New Computer And Want To Know What I Have To Do To Deactivate Cs 5

bjc

presently i have cs 5 and lr 2 on my dt and my lt...i will be replaceing my lt and want to know what i have to do to have lr and cs5 on my new computer...i think you can only have these programs on two computers..right? so what do i have to do to take it off my lt....is just deleting it ok or is there some kind of deactivating..

i thought to contact adobe but the thought makes me shutter.... being on hold... etc etc. ..can anyone tell me what to do???

I thought that, too (only 2 computers) but one time I asked an Adobe rep and they said to not worry about it, so I didn't. You can try to load it onto the new computer and see what happens.

Also, I have always found Adobe to be extremely helpful. One of the best as far as customer service, IMHO (second only to Scrap Girls- go Angie!) I would give them a quick call if you want to be sure.

Oops, you are right, according to the Adobe website, which has a note that they allow you to install on two computers per serial number. It also said you must first deactivate the software on one computer by choosing Help>Deactivate or to check the deactivate checkbox during the uninstall process.

That said, I had CS4 on three computers and know that the rep told me not to worry about it. But, I never did try to actaully USE it again on the old, 3rd computer. I would call- LOL.

In PS5 go to the help tab and deactivate from there, it's really quite easy. I have not opened LR to find out but think it should be about the same.

At least you can deactivate it. :) My desktop hard drive failed a while back and I had to call Adobe and get them to do it for me. I used the online support and the waiting was between responses. They were obviously helping more than one person at a time, but they did fix it for me.

Well, that does not sound like fun.

I spent over 3 1/2 hours on the phone with Adobe when a plug-in (different company) offered a free update to the plug-in which rendered my PS unusable. Oops, they said the next day....sorry, the update had a bug. Lesson learned!

fyi.... i have gotten some great help with what to do with LR cause my LR catalog is on my ehd and shared by 2 computers... so i didnt want to mess that catalog up...so i have found a great resource at lightroomforum.net...so i am passing it along for anyone with LR questions.... i have posted there before and got great help

At least you can deactivate it. :) My desktop hard drive failed a while back and I had to call Adobe and get them to do it for me. I used the online support and the waiting was between responses. They were obviously helping more than one person at a time, but they did fix it for me.

Well, that does not sound like fun.

I spent over 3 1/2 hours on the phone with Adobe when a plug-in (different company) offered a free update to the plug-in which rendered my PS unusable. Oops, they said the next day....sorry, the update had a bug. Lesson learned!

Archived