Some Trouble With Organizing Brushes

Willow

Until I read the SGU tutorial here, I didn't know you could organize brushes, so this is nice.

But, I went and followed the tutorial and put all my brushes in folders, and restarted the program and the computer, but I'm still seeing a long list of brushes with no categories or folders. Is there a step that I'm missing, or do I have to unload and reload all the brushes I have for it to work?

Thanks =)

Hi Willow!

Your brushes won't be organized that way in your program, at least as far as I know. I have my brushes organized in folders as to type, like you describe. But I load them as I use them. I don't have them installed. When you've picked your brush tool, click on the down arrows next to the picture of the brush (where you can chose an individual brush from the set). In that drop down box you'll see >> arrows on the side, and when you click that, go down to load brushes. A dialog box will open and you can navigate to where you have your brushes organized. Find the brush you want from there.

Now next time, the program will remember where you went, and you should have a pretty easy time finding another brush. It sounds like a lot, but once you know your system, it's a lot faster than navigating through your installed brushes.

And one thing that helps me immensely is that I copy the marketing image from the boutique into that folder, and then if I have my folder view set to see icons, I can have a visual of my brushes.

I hope that makes sense!

Archived