Can't Find My Layers Pallet

SodScrap

Ok....so, I was working on a layout. (for the sketch challenge) And, in switching back and forth while scrapping and chatting, my layers pallet disappeared. I can't find it! arrrggghhhh I hate it when I do stupid stuff!! :hit-head-with-hammer: :hit-head-with-hammer: :hit-head-with-hammer: Anyway, I even tried closing ps and reopening. No luck. What have I done? I have been using PS a few months now, but I have so much to learn!

TIA for you help!

LOL! Whenever your palettes disappear, you can make them reappear by going to Windows>insert name of palette here and make sure it has a check mark beside it. I'm so glad you found yours, we desperately need our layer palettes!

That's the one thing that irks me about CS5. The Adjustment Layer Palette takes up so much room on the side that it hides too much of my Layers Palette.

And if I forget to close the Adjustment Layers? The next time I open PS, my Layers Palette is hidden completely. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Doesn't matter which software, I think, the little windows just seem to disappear. I had one software where they would actually end up so far to the edge of the screen I couldn't find them. At least you got it back. Computer problems nearly always go away if you embarrass yourself & ask someone else to look.

Doesn't matter which software, I think, the little windows just seem to disappear. I had one software where they would actually end up so far to the edge of the screen I couldn't find them. At least you got it back. Computer problems nearly always go away if you embarrass yourself & ask someone else to look.

Lol, exactly Aggie!! ;) I was going to delete the post, but decided you all might need the chuckle!

LOL! Whenever your palettes disappear, you can make them reappear by going to Windows>insert name of palette here and make sure it has a check mark beside it. I'm so glad you found yours, we desperately need our layer palettes!

Thanks Ashleigh!

One other hint that's helpful... in PS (at least in CS4, but I think much earlier), you can create and save workspaces. I have one for MyPhotoCleanup that's configured slightly differently than for scrapping. You can save the Workspace when it's just the way you like it. Then if you accidentally lose/move/hide palettes, etc. you can bring up the saved workspace again to get it back the way it was.

Archived