Just Got Wacom Intuos 4 And I Installed But Doesnt Work

bjc

i brought my old dt to the city where i babysit my dgs...so that i can scrap when i am here...i ordered a new monitor...very cool...and intuos 4... installed the software but nothing..the pen doesnt work... did an uninstall and tried again...same thing... the old dt is vista...any ideas how i can get this to work..the software is installed on computer....oh dear..this is frustrating..thanks for any help

From the manual, troubleshooting chapter:

Check the tablet connection. A tablet status LED will light whenever the tablet is properly connected and your computer has registered it as a USB device. If an LED is on, continue with step 3.

If an LED does not glow when the computer is on and the system has fully loaded, then:

• Make sure the tablet USB cable is securely connected to the tablet and to an active USB port on your computer. Intuos4 requires that you connect to a primary USB port (located directly on your computer) or to a powered USB hub.

• If you are connecting the tablet to a powered USB hub, be sure the USB hub is properly connected to your computer and is active.

• Connect the tablet to a different powered USB port or try connecting to the powered USB port on another computer.

• If a tablet LED does not illuminate after your computer is on and has finished booting up, your USB port may be disabled. Verify that you have connected the tablet to an active USB port.

Note: For best results when troubleshooting no power to the tablet (a status LED does not light), plug the tablet directly into the system USB port located on your computer. Temporarily eliminate any external hubs in use until you determine that the system recognizes the tablet and that it is functional. When the tablet is working properly, it is usually okay to then move the tablet to a powered USB hub.

3. Check the Grip Pen. • Move your pen across the tablet active area; the screen cursor should move in the corresponding

direction on your monitor or display screen.

• Press the pen tip against the surface of the tablet. A status LED should brighten.

• Next, without applying pressure to the pen tip, hold the pen tip within approximately 10 mm (0.39 inch) of the tablet surface and press the side switch. The LED should again brighten.

• Turn the pen over and press the eraser against the surface of the tablet; the LED should brighten.

If you've done all that, check to make sure you're not in mouse mode. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.

Good suggestions, Sandi. Sorry I can't help, Bobbie. I hope you can get it up and running. Frustrating! I have spent the last two days trying to get a connection to the internet on an older computer, for DH. It shows a wireless connection working. ??? No luck yet. On with my ISP for a long time. I think the computer is about to turn into a backup system. Grrrr.

Sounds like you've gotten excellent advice! I'm not any help, sorry :( , but I wanted to say I understand how frustrating that is, and I hope you get it all worked out!

solved.... i figured i would try to download the most recent update... and after i did the pen worked... gotta remember that... the disk it comes with for install prob has been updated so i guess that was the fix and just passing it on to anyone with new software

Yay!!!!! I'm so glad you got it working...now to really love using it. It seems as if there are two types of new users, those that having the pen in hand feels 100% natural and those that need a bit of practice before they love it. I'm hoping for the first for you.

Archived