Hybrid Card Swap

tinkerbell11

Earlier in the week I started a thread about a possible Hybrid Card Swap we had 9 members show interest so it is a go! Here are the details: You will Create and print (1) 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 card with your digital supplies and then embellish it. Once everyone that is interested signs up ( Deadline is February 4th) I will partner everyone up. You will then SnailMail your card to your partner by March 18th, we will have a Chat on March 22nd (watch the newsletter for details). If you have questions post in this thread.

So Sign up in the thread : By Feb 4th

PM me your email address once you sign up

Mail your Card to your Partner : By March 18th

Chat on : March 22nd

Theme is : Just Because or Hi/Hello Card for this swap( leave it blanks so if people decide to give it to a friend it isn't written in)

Tinkerbell11 (Shannon)

AnnBK (Ann)

Lorac (Carol)

Elibar (Elisha)

CRS (Carla)

Belle

Bride (Lei)

CapriMom (Ashleigh)

Smiles (Gayle)

JaneinNZ (Jane)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Carol! I was thinking we could all do the same type of card: Birthday, Thank You, Just Because, HI, etc.... What are your thoughts?

How about 'Just Because' or 'Hi'? They are sort of general and not everyone will have a birthday in February.

Yeah!! Ok ... so just so I get this straight in my mind .... I'm not making a card to "greet" my partner, but I'm making a card so that my partner can then send it as a greeting to someone else - correct?

And, is there a gallery to post to?

And, do we wait and post after we send it out to our partner??

And, do I ask too many questions?????

Yeah!! Ok ... so just so I get this straight in my mind .... I'm not making a card to "greet" my partner, but I'm making a card so that my partner can then send it as a greeting to someone else - correct?

Great Question Lei

You are right you are sending the card to your partner but leaving it blank so they have the option to use it to send on to someone else ! That way each time we do an exchange we are building up our storage of homemade cards, I am sure some ladies may keep them to collect but at least they have the option. I think it would be best to wait until your partner receives them to post but I want to see everyones to definetly post so we can all oooh and ahhh! I will probably have everyone post them to the Hybrid Crafts Gallery we don't have a specific card gallery so this will be easiest. Never too many questions LOL! BRB with the link to the Gallery too!

Great Question Lei

You are right you are sending the card to your partner but leaving it blank so they have the option to use it to send on to someone else ! That way each time we do an exchange we are building up our storage of homemade cards, I am sure some ladies may keep them to collect but at least they have the option. I think it would be best to wait until your partner receives them to post but I want to see everyones to definetly post so we can all oooh and ahhh! I will probably have everyone post them to the Hybrid Crafts Gallery we don't have a specific card gallery so this will be easiest. Never too many questions LOL! BRB with the link to the Gallery too!

Hey Shannon - I noticed there is a card gallery HERE (with a sub category for get well soon cards) Does that help? :)

I was wondering about the card gallery too ..... only because it may spark the interest of other card makers who have not yet seen what hybrid is all about. Just a thought :-)

Another thought ... maybe our resident houdini, Dee Decker can make a sub category in the cards section for the hybrid card chat and swap???

I've already got my idea formulated in my head - I'm excited too!! Now, another question .... as we send these to our partner, are we going to include sg product used or how we made them in case they want to make one like it? OR would that be something we share at chat or even as part of the description under the gallery upload? I'm just thinking if we really like our partner's card we may want to make more ???? Just a thought ;D

You can include a list to your partner Lei and also in the gallery so everyone can know ! I agree nice to know if someone wants to make more!

Thanks, Shannon - you are so patient with me and my k-zillion questions!! ((hugs))

Archived