Sbc Studio Color Question

sondra

Hi everyone. There seems to be a lot of content on SBC Studio that are brown ... and I gather I'm supposed to be able to re-color these items, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I didn't use Story Book Creator Plus on my PC for very long, but I was able to re=color things. Also, I have a couple of Alpha sets that I thought I could re-color, but I can't seem to do it. Am I crazy?

I can re-color plain text.

Thanks for any help.

Sondra

Hello Sondra,

I'm not sure why I felt the need to answer this since I don't own the program but I did google it and found this.

If you go under Enhance and then Hue, you can move the slider around to various colors. You can also match a sample color from this menu. You will have to adjust the saturation and hue to find the right color sometimes though. Good luck!

I"m not sure I can put where I found the answer but if you google...

Creative Memories "Storybook Creator" "how to recolor"

You might find more info.

Although some one who really knows will probably help too

hope this helps if not ignore it. -smile-

Does SBC have a Help file or would the Creative Memories site have some help or tutorials that you could check for an answer?

It sounds like from what Dot posted, that SBC re-colors pretty much like PSE. I've found that often if I use the "Colorize" box in PSE that it doesn't always go right to the color I've chosen. I usually have to play with the Hue and Saturation sliders to get the color I want.

Hey Sondra, Did you get it figured out?

No, I didn't . . . I was able to re-color when I was running StoryBook Creator Plus on my PC, but on the Mac version, I can't seem to do it. I don't have a Hue tab, I have color sliders, but they don't do anything. I couldn't find a relevant tutorial on the Creative Memories web site. I'll have to call their help desk sometime. If I find out anything, I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks.

I downloaded the Trial version and found if you show the inspector there is a effects tab that works.

Go to Windows and click Show inspector

in inspector click the box in the middle, the effects box

within the effects box click the barn which is the hue.

I colored a few elements that came with it just to try it out.

looks like you can add other effects too.

Let me know if this helps.

PS: It looks like you can stack effects by going to one effect then doing the next.

Like Hue, gamma then exposure. or something like that.

• 9 months later...

Another way to re-color is to go to the Inspector box. I can't remember what the tab is in there (and my sbc isn't working, so I can't even check!), but under one of the tabs, you can add color effects like sepia, etc. Go to false color and experiment. The color is a little funky, but it usually works.

Archived