Ehd And Mozy

KFiasco

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that I can do something to keep my EHD from starting a new backup when I unplug and replug it? I have it hooked up to my laptop and sometimes unhook it to take the laptop somewhere. When I reconnect it Mozy starts over.

I ran into the same problem. If you disconnect the ehd, stop the Mozy back up first. It's a pain, but it will keep the backup from starting over. When you plug it back into the laptop, start Mozy back up again. Good Luck!

I think the only thing you can do is pause your backup, then unplug your EHD, then plug it back in, then restart your backup.

The reason it starts over is because it thinks the files are new. Mozy isn't really designed to accommodate EHDs, so that's the best workaround I found.

i have used mozy and my ehd for a few years...just make sure to suspend the backup by checking that on the bottom right where that icon is.... do you see the suspend choice..check it and then uncheck it when you plug your ehd back in...alternatively i think you can shut down your computer as well...

Archived