Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bcaplen

Thin Line Border Around Photos

5 posts in this topic

I am working on my very first digital scrapbook page--learning as I go. I would like to put a thin line border around my photos on the page. I am putting it about 1/8 inch from the edge of the photo, so the background paper is visible between the edge of the photo and my line. I tried doing a stroke but it is right up against the photo edge. I am using Photoshop 4.

Sounds like you are talking about a frame. One way to accomplish that is to set your foreground color for the one you want, chose the PENCIL brush (bundled with the brush tool in the tools palette), chose the width you want in th options bar, hold the shift key and draw a box. Do this on a new layer on your layer on your layout so you can adjust it to the exact size you need.

Hope this helps..and WELCOME to Scrapgirls!

I'm not sure about Photoshop, but in PSE I would use the rectangular marqee tool to draw a box around the photo, (on a separate layer) then add the stroke outline to the box. HTH :)

Edited by teecee

I'm not sure about Photoshop, but in PSE I would use the rectangular marqee tool to draw a box around the photo, (on a separate layer) then add the stroke outline to the box. HTH :)

yeah! i've been trying to figure this out forever. still some things from PSP that are taking me a while to figure out in PSE9 but the learning is fun!