4 replies to this topic

#1 bcaplen

bcaplen

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

I am working on my very first digital scrapbook page--learning as I go. I would like to put a thin line border around my photos on the page. I am putting it about 1/8 inch from the edge of the photo, so the background paper is visible between the edge of the photo and my line. I tried doing a stroke but it is right up against the photo edge. I am using Photoshop 4.

#2 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Sounds like you are talking about a frame. One way to accomplish that is to set your foreground color for the one you want, chose the PENCIL brush (bundled with the brush tool in the tools palette), chose the width you want in th options bar, hold the shift key and draw a box. Do this on a new layer on your layer on your layout so you can adjust it to the exact size you need.

Hope this helps..and WELCOME to Scrapgirls!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#3 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,462 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm not sure about Photoshop, but in PSE I would use the rectangular marqee tool to draw a box around the photo, (on a separate layer) then add the stroke outline to the box. HTH :)

Edited by teecee, 29 January 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#4 bcaplen

bcaplen

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

I'm not sure about Photoshop, but in PSE I would use the rectangular marqee tool to draw a box around the photo, (on a separate layer) then add the stroke outline to the box. HTH :)

#5 diannecp

diannecp

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Personal Statement:Artist, writer, daughter, wife, aunt, child of God. I'm just a "work in progress."

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

yeah! i've been trying to figure this out forever. still some things from PSP that are taking me a while to figure out in PSE9 but the learning is fun!
Posted Image

"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us." Anne Lamott. My blog (Unfinished Work)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users