February Message Board Game

DDecker

It's that time again - Posting Contest time! This is where you are rewarded for your flying fingers and chattiness. The contest will run from February 1st when we post the thread to February 28th at 12:00 Midnight (MST). We are doing things a little differently this time and there are two ways to participate - the Message Board and the Gallery, so here are the rules:

1) To enter the Message Board Posting Challenge, reply in the game thread with your CURRENT post count. This is the number under your Avatar that shows when you post. Do not post the number found on your profile; it is a different number that is calculated differently. During the month, chat your fingers off! On February 28th, BEFORE Midnight (MST), go back to your original post in the game thread (the one with your starting post count) and take a screenshot of it. Send the screenshot to games@scrapgirls.com. The screenshot is your contest entry! We will calculate your post count based on the numbers on the screenshot. (Directions for taking screenshots will be posted in the game thread.)

2) To enter the Gallery Posting Challenge, take a screenshot of your Gallery comment number and send it to games@scrapgirls.com AFTER February 1st, Midnight (MST). To get to your Gallery Stats, click the arrow beside your Profile photo and go down to Gallery. Your total comments number is under Stats on the left-hand side - this is what we need a screenshot of to know where you are starting. Then BEFORE Midnight (MST) on February 28th, take another screenshot of your Gallery Stats and send it to games@scrapgirls.com, this will give us your ending number and enter you in the contest!

PRIZES: You may enter both contests. Members with Message Board posts over 50 will be put in a drawing for a $5 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate. Members with Message Board posts over 200 will be put in a drawing for both the $5 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate and a $10 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate. Members with Message Board posts over 400 will be put in a drawing for a $15 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate, as well as the $5 and $10 Gift Certificates. Members with Gallery comments over 25 will be put in a drawing for $10 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate.

IMPORTANT GAME NOTICE:

Due to an issue with the emails, we need to have all those participating in part two of this challenge to re-send their Feb 1 Gallery Stats screenshot to games@scrapgirls.com. Sorry for any inconvenience!

To those who don't know how:

My Print Screen (PRTSC) button is in the upper right corner of my keyboard. After I press it, I open a new document in PSE. It magically guesses :) that I want to create a document the size of my screen because Print Screen puts a picture of my screen on the clipboard. The dimensions of my screen appear in the New Document dialogue box. So I just give it a title and press ok. In the new document I press Cntrol V for Paste, and my screenshot appears. Then I save it as a JPG and send it to Scrapgirls. I hope that helps and that it is okay that I helped :)

my current post is 1390

I am going to join this challange but I'm usually not very chatty. Only a little chatty... Hence the low number!! Anyhow I will give it a try this month.

Emailed my count from the gallery. Can someone tell me what counts for the gallery comments and what counts for the number under my Avatar?

Thanks!

Comments that you leave in the gallery (when you leave love on someone's layout) count towards your total gallery comments count.

Comments that you make on the message board (when you post a message, or reply to a message) count towards your total message board post count. (This is the number you see under your avatar on the message board)

Does that help? :)

I'm glad y'all like the way we are doing the challenge this month. I was hesitant to change it but wanted to spread the winning around a bit. :)

welcome2.gifto our new members joining the challenge!

Just saw that it had to be sent last night. I got busy & internet was on & off, so at least I know for next time! I sent it anyway, just in case. LOL

Nope you are all set Jenna! It should have said AFTER Feb 1, I fixed it in the directions.

Archived