I Need A Recommendation Please...

SodScrap

I would like a new (Kindle)book to read...but I want something different and don't know where to look! I always read inspirational books. I love Beth Moore, Lysa Tyrkeurst, Max Lucado, the Women of Faith authors (you ge3t the idea)....I always enjoy them! I'm looking for a lighter read. A novel of some kind, something entertaining. I could not tell you the last novel I read. It has been YEARS...Nothing scary or bizarre!

See, I don't know what I want, so how can I look? ;)

Thanks so much!

Sometimes when im looking for a book to get... i go to christian book outlet online and look at some of the 'exerpts' they give me an idea of a book to look for.

I dont know if you like christian/history but in a fiction... i just read Maire by Linda Windsor... it was very good. The history was great too... ive read some historical novels about ireland and the book had alot of good info in it.

maybe that helps?

Conda, Patsy suggested a book for me called Boundaries"? Cloud and Townsend are the authors - not sure if that's the kind of book you are looking for but just a suggestion - I have it on order and have been told by several members since Patsy suggested it that it's a good one - hope this helps a bit.

If you want 'funny' I would try Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. She is a female bounty hunter who can't do anything right. There are about seventeen books out now. They start from number one 'One For The Money' and #17, due out soon, is 'Smokin' Seventeen'. She has a website, http://www.evanovich.com/, and you can find out all about her books there. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but check out her website. I love her books and have read all sixteen of her books. I start to laugh from page one and continue through to the end. I use 'Nook' from Barnes and Noble and they are available through them. Don't know about Kindle, but I'm sure they have them too.

The Mitford series is very uplifting and the character development is so strong, you'll feel like you've know these folks for years. And they are all available on Kindle. I have the kindle app on my iphone and when I'm browsing the book aisle (at WM or Target, etc.) I real quick go to the kindle store on my iphone and if a book I am interested in is available, I have it in just about a minute and I don't have to wait in line at the checkout. LOL. When you go to the kindle store online, along the left you can choose categories of books and find one that sounds interesting, then start looking through them. Many of them you have the ability to read a sample. Also, once you've bought a few kindle books, amazon makes recommendations for you or if you tend to buy a particular author, they'll recommend other books by the same author, or others with similar books.

If you are looking for something a bit different from your usual --

Debbie Macomber's "Blossom Street" series is just wonderful and is available in the Amazon Kindle Store.

The first book in the series is: "The Shop on Blossom Street"

If you are looking for something a bit different from your usual --

Debbie Macomber's "Blossom Street" series is just wonderful and is available in the Amazon Kindle Store.

The first book in the series is: "The Shop on Blossom Street"

Oh I read just about everything I can get my hands on that Debbie Macomber has written. That lady has a wonderful talent for character development and is NEVER disappointing!!

I'll second the Debbie Macomber recommendation, some of her more recent work is nonfiction and very nice. Her own personal story is interesting. She has a learning disability and when she was growing up in school, it was thought she had limited potential...Ha Ha! She proved them wrong! Just for that reason I would buy her books.

Archived