Installing Brushes, Shapes And Actions In Pse9 With Windows7

englishrose

Can anyone help please?

My conversion from PSE5 to PSE9 has not been entirely straightforward partly because I'm also learning Windows 7 after Windows XP. there are somethings that work differently now or I cannot get to work at all.

Fonts - no trouble, all installed and working perfectly

Brushes - mine are all catalogued and loaded in the brushes folder under Presets. They appear in the drop down brushes menu but I cant access them in their catalogues via the Load command. The folder is empty

Shapes - cant find them in the thumbnails on the right hand side of the screen - I can only see them under the cookie cutter function.

Action and tools - cant find the photo creations folder anywhere in the Adobe files and dont know where they should be put.

Suggestions gratefully received

Hilary

Hi Hilary, I wish I could help. I'm a Mac user, so no help at all...except to say that it has to be possible. I'm sure there's a PSE9/Win 7 scrapper around here somewhere to help you out. Hang in there. Learning curves cramp my style! ;)

Hilary

For the actions/styles make sure your following the correct path:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ Photoshop Elements\Your Version\Photo Creations\

Note that it's Program Data not Program Files that you need to be following. If you do not see Program Data it's still a hidden file and you need to follow these steps to unhide them

Go to My Computer \C: and type Alt-T. This will bring up a menu. Click on Folder Options, then the View tab and check

the box to Show Hidden Files. You'll then be able to see the Program Data folder and follow the path

• 2 weeks later...

Archived