Tagging Project

Cindyrene

I've begun the job of tagging in Picasa. About 24,500 photos and digiscrap items. Right now, I'm just starting with photos. I'll work my way into the scrapping elements later. But it's all a huge project. Not something I'll do on a continuous basis until it's done. It will be an ongoing project, in between other things, for a long time. How do I keep track of how far I've gotten? What's been tagged and what hasn't, so I know where to pick up with my work a couple of days later?

Everyone's brain is unique, but the way I'd do it is with a note to self...

Once photos are in folders by year and scrapping supplies by type (I use Ro's system) then you could make yourself a note about which folder you were in when you stopped tagging. If you use some sort of sticky note program, that would work,or a paper sticky note.

HTH

• 1 month later...

I am tagging photos using the face recognition software, but I actually haven't been tagging my supplies. When I unzip them, sort them by designer and kit. Then, inside the kit folder, I have things sorted into folders labeled "papers," "Embellishments," "Alphas," and "WordArt." I've found that Picasa can find all of the folders and can search within those results by color, etc. I might create sub-files in the future, especially for the Embellishments folder, but this is working well so far.

Archived