Hello From Springfield, Va

Guest snaphappymee

Guest snaphappymee

Hi All!

Just joined in. Been a paper scrapper since mid 1990's. When my hubby bought me PSE6 in 2007, I've been totally hooked on digital scrapbooking. Since I am not a very creative person, I rely heavily on ScrapGirls products :D

I live in Springfield, VA, about 27 miles outside Washington DC. Married 16 years, no children, no pets, works full time. I know, kinda weird to be a scrapbooker without kiddos to scrapbook for. Just thinking at least when hubby and I are old-er, we'll have something to remind us of what the heck we did with our lives, hahaha!

Anyone out there living near Washington DC?

SnapHappyMee (Aimee)

Hi, Aimee! Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I lived in Springfield for 4 1/2 years when I was assigned to the Pentagon. We really liked it there.

I think there are other Scrap Girls living not too far from you.

No kiddos here, either, but life provides endless subjects for scrapping.

hope to see you around the boards. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

:)

Hi Aimee and welcome to Scrap Girls. Sorry but I am miles away from you in new Zealand but close on this site :) looking forward to seeing your LO's --most of my Lo's are either nature or scenery as my kids (youngest 19) are not interested in being in my photos any more especially if I put them on here :(

Hi Aimee,

Welcome to the Scrapgirls forums! I'm in Fredericksburg, just a bit south of you. I've been married almost as long (14 years) and have 3 kids. I think I'd be scrapping even without kids. I've been doing it in some form since about 6th grade.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! My dh had a great aunt who never had children, but scrapbooked her life and it is a treasure to our family. Every story deserves to be scrapped, not just children!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome aboard Aimee. I live in The Bronx, New York. Which is just about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan. I also have no kiddies to scrap, but I have my cats. I also do a lot of scrapping of the Botanical Gardens, Bronx Zoo, Central Park, and all areas around Manhattan.

I scrap for me, as it relaxes me and allows me to be creative. I have such fun on Scrap Girls and have met many lovely people on the message board and in person. This is a great place to be and there are lots of helpful people who are ready to lend a helping hand.

Looking forward to seeing some layouts from you in the gallery. Check out the daily challenges, special monthly layout contests, and our monthly Swap Crops.

Hi Aimee, and welcome to ScrapGirls!

I'm in Sweden, so not too close to you... ;-)

But I lived in Tappahannock and Richmond for a year back in the late 80's and totally love VA and DC!

I don't have kids either!

I scrap for my own enjoyment, and it makes dear husband and my friends and family very happy when they receive books, collages and cards I make for them!

Hello Aimee, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! Glad you've joined us. Don't hesitate to ask questions, people here love to help. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the MB and seeing some of you layouts! :)

Guest snaphappymee

Hi, Aimee! Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I lived in Springfield for 4 1/2 years when I was assigned to the Pentagon. We really liked it there.

I think there are other Scrap Girls living not too far from you.

No kiddos here, either, but life provides endless subjects for scrapping.

hope to see you around the boards. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Others will be wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked.

:)

Oh wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. Springfield already changed quite a bit since you were here. Generally, becoming more crowded now :( But, still being so close to DC is quite nice. See ya around the boards.

Guest snaphappymee

Hi Aimee and welcome to Scrap Girls. Sorry but I am miles away from you in new Zealand but close on this site :) looking forward to seeing your LO's --most of my Lo's are either nature or scenery as my kids (youngest 19) are not interested in being in my photos any more especially if I put them on here :(

Hi Jane! Thanks for the welcome. I have a friend in Wellington, heard there was another earthquake yesterday around Christchurch. Are you somewhere near there? Take care!

Guest snaphappymee

Hi Aimee,

Welcome to the Scrapgirls forums! I'm in Fredericksburg, just a bit south of you. I've been married almost as long (14 years) and have 3 kids. I think I'd be scrapping even without kids. I've been doing it in some form since about 6th grade.

Hi there! Wow, yeah Fredericksburg is not that far from here. Nice to meet you. I too been kinda scrapbooking even before I even knew what scrapbooking was. Thanks for the welcome :)

Guest snaphappymee

Welcome to Scrap Girls! My dh had a great aunt who never had children, but scrapbooked her life and it is a treasure to our family. Every story deserves to be scrapped, not just children!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the little reminder :)

Guest snaphappymee

Welcome aboard Aimee. I live in The Bronx, New York. Which is just about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan. I also have no kiddies to scrap, but I have my cats. I also do a lot of scrapping of the Botanical Gardens, Bronx Zoo, Central Park, and all areas around Manhattan.

I scrap for me, as it relaxes me and allows me to be creative. I have such fun on Scrap Girls and have met many lovely people on the message board and in person. This is a great place to be and there are lots of helpful people who are ready to lend a helping hand.

Looking forward to seeing some layouts from you in the gallery. Check out the daily challenges, special monthly layout contests, and our monthly Swap Crops.

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome. My layouts too are mostly of vacations and places around Washington DC. Even without the activities of having kids, I am still waaaay behind on the layouts that I wanted to do. LOL.

Guest snaphappymee

Welcome to ScrapGirls Aimee! We're happy you've joined us here. :)

Thank you! Been thinking about joining for sometime now...finally did :)

Guest snaphappymee

Welcome, Aimee! We're so glad you've come out to play on the message board. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi Pat! Thanks for the welcome. I am excited to be here.

Welcome Aimee! I live in Arizona now but also spent 4 years living in Springfield. My DH was in the Army and I worked at the Pentagon. We loved it! Especially being near DC with all the history and museums, etc. Glad you decided to join us. This is such a friendly place! Looking forward to seeing your LOs in the gallery.

Guest snaphappymee

Hi Aimee, and welcome to Scrap Girls. I'm in TN, so not close to you, but as someone said, SG brings us close together. Look forward to seeing you around.

Thank you! Yeah, TN is now closer to me, hahaha! I'll see ya around.

Guest snaphappymee

Hi Aimee, and welcome to ScrapGirls!

I'm in Sweden, so not too close to you... ;-)

But I lived in Tappahannock and Richmond for a year back in the late 80's and totally love VA and DC!

I don't have kids either!

I scrap for my own enjoyment, and it makes dear husband and my friends and family very happy when they receive books, collages and cards I make for them!

Oh hello there! Same here, friends and families benefit a lot on my scrapbooking. Especially my Mom. She gets layouts about my nephews and nieces to show off to her friends and co-workers. Thanks for the welcome.

Archived