Calling All Midwest Scrap Girls!

Hello Midwestern Scrap Girls :) It's been a while since we've gotten together, and I could soooo use a vacation!! :bee:

The earliest I would be available would be April, but I thought we could start brainstorming places and dates and gathering interest. (I think at the last one we talked about possibly meeting in Omaha, so Pat wouldn't have as far to travel, since the last 3 meetups have been in Missouri. But anywhere is fine for me. )

So..I'm just throwing this out there. I need something fun to look forward to, to give me incentive to finish all my year-end Accounting reports and get caught up on all my work at the office. :happy039:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I so wish you ladies were closer, looks like a 20 hour drive for me or a 500 plane ticket, not sure if I can swing it! Sadness I know it would be a blast for sure!

It would be SO worth the plane ticket Shannon! ;)

Soo.... here are some possible weekends, excluding Easter Weekend and Mother's Day:

Fri. April 8 - Sun. April 10

Fri. April 15 - Sun. April 17 (however Sunday is Palm Sunday)

Fri. April 29- Sun. May 1

Fri. May 13 - Sun. May 15

Fri. May 20 - Sun. May 22 (Conda's son's graduation weekend)

Fri. May 27 - Sun. May 29 (Monday the 30th is Memorial Day)

I know May is a big graduation month, so if any of those are bad, we can exclude them too.

Any preferences??

I was looking at airfare on Southwest tonight, and at least from St. Louis to either Omaha or Kansas City, I could get there for about $160-180 round trip. Cheap prices right now! :-)

as in the past i'm always up in the air. once we narrow it down to a few weekends I can check with Gary to see if he'll be home. if he has an event in KC I can always work it around with my parents that the boys stay there also

I'd love to host everybody here in Omaha. Let me do some checking into hotels with a meeting room. After March 17th, I'm pretty open until towards the end of May.

If people have to fly, it's probably would be cheaper to fly into KC than Omaha, but I'd really love to do it here.

I'd love to host everybody here in Omaha. Let me do some checking into hotels with a meeting room. After March 17th, I'm pretty open until towards the end of May.

If people have to fly, it's probably would be cheaper to fly into KC than Omaha, but I'd really love to do it here.

Awesome Pat!!!

Hmmmm, maybe I need to come back to the area to visit the grandkids and check on the house, and maybe..... April 15th weekend is out for me. Otherwise I'm good, but I'm doing April's call schedule this weekend so I have to know about april, like tomorrow, otherwise May would be better. And Angie, I would take you up on the offer on a ride from KCI.

Hmmmm, maybe I need to come back to the area to visit the grandkids and check on the house, and maybe..... April 15th weekend is out for me. Otherwise I'm good, but I'm doing April's call schedule this weekend so I have to know about april, like tomorrow, otherwise May would be better. And Angie, I would take you up on the offer on a ride from KCI.

YESSSSS!!

Actually from Detroit it is cheaper for me to fly to Omaha - under $400.00

I so wish you ladies were closer, looks like a 20 hour drive for me or a 500 plane ticket, not sure if I can swing it! Sadness I know it would be a blast for sure!

I was thinking the same thing, Shannon. Too far, too expensive. But oh, I'd love to come along!

This would be so much fun. April would be out for me and I have a daughter graduating in May. I am thinking the 20th.

But I am also coming from Oklahoma so I would have to see how much it would cost for me to drive once you have a place picked out.

So if there are any other Oklahoman's who would want to ride along and share the gas expense then I would be up for that.

Archived