Calling All Midwest Scrap Girls!

Cheri isn't available Memorial Day weekend, and I can't find flights for that weekend unless I want to travel at 6:30am or pay regular fares, which would really rack up the costs. That's a huge travel weekend, so airfare is expensive.

:(

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other option would be if I rode Amtrak train, which would save me quite a bit of money. I'd also have to talk with my manager to see if I can even take off work on Friday, since Monday is a holiday.

Oh yeah, that does make a difference, huh??

If y'all think Des Moines isn't too far out of the way, I know of a retreat place that my local scrapbook friends and I just stayed at in February. It was really quite nice! Kind of a cross between church camp and staying at your grandma's house:) The bedrooms were nice, small, with twin beds. The basement showers were newly done and looked kind of like those at a swimming pool. Private, with concrete walls. The interesting bit would be food...we'd either have to cook, do carryout, or eat out. When my local friends and I were there, the 4 people who hosted it brought the food and helped cook. We all helped clean up after the meals. It was quite affordable (I don't want to quote a price b/c I think it depends on how many people are there, and I assume my hostess friends charged us some for the food as well). The scrapping room comfortably seated 12 paper scrapbookers. There is room for 12 people to sleep on the premises.

That sounds nice too, Cheri!

Me too!!

I've been trying to respond for about 2 hours now.... :hit-head-with-hammer: ....crazy office equipment isn't cooperating. I'm very frustrated at this point...it's a good thing you can't hear me screaming.

ANYWAY....I'm game for DesMoines, but can plan something in KC too...if Omaha doesn't work. I'll will check in later. Not sure HOW much later....

April 29-May 1 would probably work the best for us. DH is going to a conference in San Francisco a couple days before the May 13-15 weekend or it would be my first choice. There is a slim possibility I'll get to join him in SF for a couple days getaway after his conference, so I'd be gone over that weekend. Again, that chance is slim.

I'll look through the posts again to find out if anyone else had a glaring conflict with that date.

Soo.... here are some possible weekends, excluding Easter Weekend and Mother's Day:

Fri. April 8 - Sun. April 10 Can't do

Fri. April 15 - Sun. April 17 (however Sunday is Palm Sunday)

Fri. April 29- Sun. May 1 Can't do

Fri. May 13 - Sun. May 15

Fri. May 20 - Sun. May 22 (Conda's son's graduation weekend) Can't do

Fri. May 27 - Sun. May 29 (Monday the 30th is Memorial Day) Can't do

I know May is a big graduation month, so if any of those are bad, we can exclude them too.

Any preferences??

I was looking at airfare on Southwest tonight, and at least from St. Louis to either Omaha or Kansas City, I could get there for about $160-180 round trip. Cheap prices right now! :-)

I put the weekends I can't do in purple.

Oh this sounds like SOO much fun!! I wish I had the money to go out there! Any Illinoiser's out there wanna meet?! LOL

I might meet with you since I work the weekend they chose :-)

I have been working on hotels ladies....but, have had to leave a voice mail for the final details. I will call her first thing Monday if she doesn't call me first!

If you will let me know for sure if you are coming and if you need a room and/or roomie, I will have a final count for her. I think I need 5 rooms for the block discount, but I will see what else she can offer me if we don't meet that number of rooms! You can post or pmail me...

I need to check my schedule for that weekend.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but this will be my first time getting together with any of my scrappin friends, what do we do exactly?

I need to make sure I would bring everything I need.

Pretty much, we'll just sit around with our laptops - lots of chatting and scrapping and more chatting. If the weather is nice, we might find a place to go out and take a little photo walk. The most important things to bring - your computer (obviously), EHD, cables, camera, comfy clothes to wear. It never hurts to bring an extra power strip, just to be safe. If you want to bring some snacks to share, you can. I think Conda said there are shops nearby the hotel, so we can even run out and grab any food/drinks people want.

I hope you can make it, Pebbles. It would be great to meet you in person! :)

Archived