Michigan/ohio/pa And ? Meet Up?

Well gals, I have made the reservations and here is the information you need:

June 3rd and June 4th

Best Western Meander Inn

870 N Canfield Niles Road

Youngstown, OH

330-544-2378

Best Western Meander Inn

There are six room reserved under ScrapGirls. Each room is non-smoking with 2 queen sized beds. Our discount rate (you must book using "ScrapGirls") is $89.09. Check in time is 3:00 pm. I would recommend making reservations as early as possible. (Carla we are all set!)

The conference room is $75 per day. It is reserved for us for both Friday and Saturday. This cost will be split evenly among those attending. I have asked that they provide water for us in the conference room. If you want any other type of beverages, you will have to provide it. We are allowed to bring in our own food as well, so if you want to bring snacks to share that would be fine. We could even order pizza if the mood hits us! A few power strips may be available, but I would bring your own to be sure.

There is the Mill Creek Metro Parks a mile down the road and I was told the community plants theme gardens each year and it is so beautiful that many weddings are scheduled in the Park so we may wish to talk a walking/photo tour!

Give a shout in here when you've made your reservation and who your roommate is so we can keep a tally and see if we need to add more rooms to our discount block. I'm getting more and more excited as these plans take shape looking forward to meeting everyone!!

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting excited! :bouncing-frog: I'm still looking for a roommate, but I'm not sure who's pairing with whom. If you're available please let me know.

It looks like Carol is in need of a roommate maybe??

Just a heads up everyone....Lei and I have been talking and we'd like to have a ATC trade while we are all together. It can be all digital. Artscow has a coupon through March 22nd on playing cards. Send me a pm with your email addy and i'll forward you the email I received if you are interested in having them printed there.

I'm all set with a roommate for the Meet Up. Monica and I will be sharing a room. I'll call the hotel in the morning and reserve our room. Now I just have to decide how I'm getting up to Carla's house: Plane, train or bus.

Woo Hoo! I'm going.

Just a heads up everyone....Lei and I have been talking and we'd like to have a ATC trade while we are all together. It can be all digital. Artscow has a coupon through March 22nd on playing cards. Send me a pm with your email addy and i'll forward you the email I received if you are interested in having them printed there.

Carla, is there a theme for the exchange? so playing cards are same size has ATC's so you can have printed without numbers? hmmm interesting.

I'm all set with a roommate for the Meet Up. Monica and I will be sharing a room. I'll call the hotel in the morning and reserve our room. Now I just have to decide how I'm getting up to Carla's house: Plane, train or bus.

Woo Hoo! I'm going.

So wonderful you and Monica have that all worked out! Yeah!! I can't wait to meet you both!

Carla, is there a theme for the exchange? so playing cards are same size has ATC's so you can have printed without numbers? hmmm interesting.

Since this is the first time many of us are meeting, lets focus our ATC on ourselves. Who you are, where you're from, favorite color and/or favorite verse, quote, life motto. Does that sound doable?

Yay!! I get more and more excited every day!

To be honest, I've always made my own atc's at home. But I know others have made them from playing cards and they are the same size (I have one from Becca). You just make the custom cards, I believe.

Looking good. Dave's kidney function test last week was back to normal. Will get results of the ultrasound tomorrow. But it's looking good!

It even looks like Jenny will be able to come too. She'll let me know tomorrow, then I'll make our reservations.

Oh Ann ... great news on Dave!! An answer to prayer!! I also am getting more and more excited by the day, Carla ... this is going to be so much fun!!

Question ---

Can someone tell me what we are supposed to do with the ATC? Do we print some out before we come? I've made them before (a while ago though) but have never printed any. Will have to help Jenny with this too -- she's never digiscrapped! I told her she could paper scrap while we were there or we can help her get started the digi way. She wants to go digital! Yea!!!! Her laptop gets replaced next week & since she lost all her supplies in the fire, she decided that she wants to go digital. She'll be coming over for help from me before we head over to Ohio, so I thought we could start out with the ATCs.

I'm still without my laptop, so no scrapping again today -- near total withdrawl is in effect at my house - yikes! At least I can still get on the internet on the desktop, but no PhotoShop. Tonight or maybe not until tomorrow morning, don't know if I can stand it much longer.

I'm so excited about the response to this get together! We're going to have a great time!!

Here is some info about making atc's. Your original ATC file should be 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches or 1050 pixels x 750 pixels (can be portrait or landscape orientation) at 300 pixels per inch. You can do a double sided card, or just one side, it's up to you. You can include your photo, interests, etc....whatever you want us to know about you. You can look through the atc gallery for ideas. When I went to the Lewisburg meet up last year, I did a doublesided card. One side was something inspirational. The backside had info about me...what software I use, interests, family, etc. I've attached them below. I printed them side by side touching, so I could cut them out, fold them over and glue them together. But you can do it however you want. This is completely optional!

Archived