Michigan/ohio/pa And ? Meet Up?

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I forget who offered to let me share a room with them, but if that offer still stands, it would be very helpful. My friend cannot come (son graduating). i still have a room reserved but i don't really need a room to myself and would like to share expenses! thanks! "

I believe it was Monica and I. I'm still ok with it.

Ok, so anyone want to help me make a list of things to pack?

computer

chill mat

extension chord

power strip

camera

ATC

Show and Tell Item

Snacks

Drink

Anything purple

debit card

drivers license

phone

charger

external hard drive

paper and supplies for hybrid project

I forget who offered to let me share a room with them, but if that offer still stands, it would be very helpful. My friend cannot come (son graduating). i still have a room reserved but i don't really need a room to myself and would like to share expenses! thanks!

Yep! It was Laura and I, and you are still more than welcome! See you soon!!!!!

okay, wonderful - thanks monica and laura! (i am good with names and faces, but i can't seem to put names to faces & usernames on the board yet!)

oh and i'm bringing granola bars (don't worry, they have chocolate in them - haha!) and maybe salsa/bean dip.

Ok, so anyone want to help me make a list of things to pack?

computer

chill mat

extension chord

power strip

camera

ATC

Show and Tell Item

Snacks

Drink

Anything purple

debit card

drivers license

phone

charger

external hard drive

paper and supplies for hybrid project

Great list, Laura .... have to copy, paste and print :D

I went and had the oil changed on the truck yesterday....and ended up with new brakes and rotors, too. I guess they were in bad shape, although I couldn't tell. So, now the truck is offically ready for the trip....just need to gas 'er up!

so.... hehe. my secret is out and now you know why I can't come to the weekend away hehe. Busy busy busy creating and gettin ready to open and have new stuffs keep comin :) oh that and I had to get CS5 happy038.gif

Sad that you can't come....it would have been great to meet the newest SG designer!! But you have lots of important designing to do :) We'll have to find you in a chat or something instead. So excited for you, Andrea!

Ok Carla and I have discussed the Hybrid Craft and we decided on the Post-it Notebooks(using the Bind it all ) and the Tic Tack Holder. These are completly optional projects, hybrid and glue is not for everyone I know! So don't feel bad if you aren't interested. If you are interested there are two different options you can watch and get the directions or you can get a premade kit (which will include the bind it all wire, coasters, tic tacks and post it notes) there will be a tiny materials fee of $3. So if anyone that would like a kit will just post in this thread that way I know how many kits to bring. You will also need to bring the following supplies to complete the project:

2 sheets of Coordinating Digital papers printed on a cardstock (matte paper works better)

And some flowers or embellishments printed too to dress up the notebook

a glue glider/or stick

some buttons, brads, maybe an ink pad that coordinates ( I will have some too) and maybe a sanding block, scissors, and or a papertrimmer.

Carla and I will bring the Bind it all, and I will have extras of some of the above too if you don't own them, you don't need to go out and buy them just for this, I don't mind sharing, but bring what you can.

This will be fun!

Since I am not the paper crafty type of person - exactly what kind of paper would be best for this project? cardstock? matte paper? would matte photo paper work? I'm trying to figure out what I have around my apartment to work with so I dont have to go out and buy anything. Depending on what is best, I can probably mooch a couple pieces of paper from one of my paper scrapping friends.

Yay, I finished my ATC tonight! Whew . . . !

I...started mine. Well, I have a blank PSE file open in that size. I'm a big procrastinator. But at least I have tomorrow off from work, so that's my only goal.

i am usually a procrastinator too . . . well, i say my inspiration shows up at the last minute - hehe! but i needed to figure out the printing so glad i got something together early. can't wait to see what you come up with!

I can't wait to see what all you come up with!! We are getting really close to the day here ... how exciting!!

Yeah Tiza!!! I bought Dove dark chocolates at the grocery store today for us. I also bought almond toffee chocolate treasures but some misguided man in my household thought they were purchased for him and had the bag open and one popped in his mouth before I could get the words STOP out of my mouth!! LOL I said, these are for my ladies next weekend ... and he has promised to get us more :D

Tiza, Matte photo paper to print is the best for the hybrid projects, I am out of course, but I have some paper already I think I will use LOL!

Thanks Shannon. Fortunately I have some of that in my desk, so we're good to go :)

Our week is finally here! Today has been a wonderful family picnic day. Starting at the cemetery around the corner from us & just down from Julie's. So sorry Julie had to work this morning. But she got here just as we were about to put out the spread. My traditional BBQ chicken -- 10 lbs. of it & only one piece left over. It's a good thing Jon & Logan weren't here -- LOL. Jon had an interest elsewhere -- 15-year-old, he has a girlfriend :) Logan's mom picked him up last night I think.

Tomorrow Jenny & Julie are coming over to scrap -- actually to give Jenny some instructions, she's never done digital before. Should be an intersting day. I'm almost ready to start counting the hours -- how about you?

I have lightroom and would be happy to show you how I use it. I wasn't sure I would like it at first, but now I can't live without it when I'm editing photos.

Heather, I'll definitely be looking you up for that, I just got it a couple of weeks ago & have hardly had time to look at it!

For those girls that are traveling in from out of state, do you know what buckeyes are? Have you heard of them? For those that haven't heard of them, they are a peanut butter ball covered in chocolate. I am going to make some to share with the group (if that's okay with everyone?!....LOL!)

That is true and they are sooooo yummy! -- but they are also the nut of a buckeye tree. (nonedible, but they make a big bang if you put them in your bonfire!)

4 more days! I am kind of wishing I wouldn't have volunteered to work Thursday, but I will like my check better when I get home since I decided to and at least it will be an easy day there (no production, just customers) so I won't be too worn out to do anything with my family when I get home. I've been thinking about brining something from the bakery to snack on, don't know what yet. Can't wait!!!

You just walk in....

Oh, you MUST be a Southerner then, Belle! :giggle_bear:

Just going through all these posts -- a Southern Belle! LOL It would be so cool to come & see you, never been to SA...but my passport is good until 2016!

Archived