Bamboo - Woohoo!

Becster

I'm so excited! I had put away my fun tablet because I really didn't "get it" (it was a gift several years ago) and then after I had to reformat the pc and get a new HD last fall I couldn't find the software. I'd just begun digi-scrapping then, and this morning I found it! I've reinstalled and oh my, this is going to be dangerously fun! No time to really play with it till later in the week, but look out!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I'm jealous, Becster - I want one so badly but it just isn't in the budget right now - I had one years ago before they were so popular and they were not as user friendly as they are now - maybe one of these days I will get one. Have fun with it!

Congrats on getting it up and running. Mine is sitting in drawer in the den. I have to dust it off and start using it more. I think I need to turn off the buttons on the pen. I hit them when I'm trying to do things. It gets aggravating!

I really must look into this. I went to the shop to enquire and the sales people didn't even know what I was talking about. The one shop had a 2 gig pen with PAPER that you write on. This cost R7000 ($1000)

The next shop had a scrapbooking tablet that cost just over $70. What a difference in price. What must I get?

I would love the hear from other people before I get anything. Which one have you got Becster?

I have the Bamboo Fun Tablet. It's about the size of a mouse pad, and at the time Jess bought it the price was just under $100. That was our price limit for the gift exchange. :) Several years ago we decided to draw names at Thanksgiving rather than go broke trying to get something for everyone. It has worked out wonderfully!

We draw names for Christmas every year too and generally, we sort of ask each other what they'd like since we don't want to give something that one might not really love to death! I can never think of anything to tell anyone I want but I think you've given me a great idea, Becster - this year I'm going to ask for a Bamboo Fun Tablet!

I would like to have it for myself but also would love to see what Christopher can do with it - he is extremely artistic but so far has shown no interest in doing any of his artwork on the computer - I've tried to teach hm how to use Illustrator and other applications but he prefers paper - maybe I can light a fire under him with a tablet!

Thanks for the prompt!

My Bamboo Fun gathered dust for quite a while too. I will say I was incredibly frustrated by not having the muscle control or coordination or whatever at first to draw a straight line sideways. Not that I was drawing, just moving from left to right on the tabs (open - new document etc). It came with practice - so don't be discouraged if something like that doesn't come immediately. I don't have the buttons programmed, which would probably save me time if I learned how. But I use it exclusively for a mouse, and love it.

Have fun!

:)

I am (finally) enjoying my tablet and love it!! I had a little bit of a learning curve because I am left handed, but used my mouse right handed. It was quite awkward at first. (still is sometimes!)

Enjoy!

I love mine. I have tendinitis in my hands and switching to the pen instead of a mouse was a huge improvement. I have a Bamboo Pen & Touch which Wacom is advertising at $99 right now. It is the same tablet as the Bamboo Fun, just black instead of white. The Bamboo Fun is running $199 because it comes with extra software like PSE. If you're working on a laptop that has a mouse pad or a desktop that has enough ports to plug in both a tablet and a mouse, you can even step down to a Bamboo Pen for $69. It has all the pen capabilities without the touch options. Personally, now that I've got the tablet, I really don't like the touch options. If I don't keep the touch option off when I'm using the pen, I end up sending mixed signals every time my hand touches the tablet, very annoying. Kind of a long post, but I hope it helps. If you have a tablet, the best way to get used to it is to completely give up your mouse and be patient.

Archived