Cant Save As Jpeg?s

candyK

I have a PS file with a template, word art, etc all finished. I saved as psd and now want to create a jpeg for printing. I go save as>______. The option to save as a jpeg never comes up. I have completely shut down, let the hard drive rest and retried.

Has anyone ever had this happen? what can I do to save as a jpeg? I need this page asap.

Advice appreciated!

candyK

Hi Candy,

Since you're going to save it as a JPG, try flattening the layout first. Right-click on any layer in your Layers Palette and then click "Flatten Image." Now try to save it as a JPG and see if that works.

Edited to add: Just be careful not to resave your PSD as the flattened file. :)

Try to check and see what mode you are in: if you are in RGB mode, change to CMYK mode OR if you are in CMYK mode, change to RGB. That might help!

Are you using an Adobe Product? If so, you just need to change the file format option in the drop down box in the save as dialogue box. The Jpeg option won't pop up automatically. The others have give good advice to check on also! Please let us know how you are doing.

I've had that happen to me a time or two. It always related to the file being too big for my computer to handle it or the original file getting messed up. Here's what I did.

The first time it happened, I created a new file and moved everything over to it. Saved it with a new name and then the JPG option came back.

The second time it happened, I updated my Preferences to change my scratch disk to a different one that was largely empty. This gave the software the opportunity to "think" a little better. To do this go to Edit>Prefences>Performance. You can change how much RAM the software uses and also change the scratch disk. (The scratch disk is the "thinking" room.)

Hope that helps!

• 1 year later...

HI, I am asking this question with my psd documents. I am using the blenders 2013 calendars. I have made 5 months so far. Yay! the first two I was able to save as a jpg and then the last 3 it won't let me. I tried flattening it and it is on RGB.It comes up with a box that says: "could not complete your request b/c of a program error." I have PSE 4.0 made 4 calendars over the years with 18 months each (to make extras for different sides of the family) UGH!!! Someone said you can print from psd, but at officemax it says to do it in a jpeg. Help!! Thanks, Kelly

ps I'll try making a new file and moving everything over later tonight.

Archived