I Have Windows 7 And Dont Know How To Install Fonts

bjc

i used to have vista...i keep all my fonts in a folder on my ehd...then i used to go to control panel..install fonts and right click and got the option to install a font...but i dont see that now that i have my new windows 7 computer so can any one clearly explain how do you install fonts... or do you still have to?

the font file that you find thru control panel??? that is what i opened but dont see how to install..that is how i used to do in vista but now i have windows 7 and cant figure this out

Bobbie, after the font is unzipped and is in a folder, if you open the folder and right click on the font name a dialog box will open in which you will see "install." Left click to install.... you will probably get a box asking if you want to make the change to your computer. Say yes, and the font shows up right away in your Adobe Font drop down.

I do the entire procedure from within Photoshop, but you can do it from Explorer as well. No need to go into the Control Panel.

HTH.

Bobbie, after the font is unzipped and is in a folder, if you open the folder and right click on the font name a dialog box will open in which you will see "install." Left click to install.... you will probably get a box asking if you want to make the change to your computer. Say yes, and the font shows up right away in your Adobe Font drop down.

I do the entire procedure from within Photoshop, but you can do it from Explorer as well. No need to go into the Control Panel.

HTH.

thanks for your help.... now i am wondering how do you do it from within photoshop?

Ooops... here's what I do.

In PSCS5 go to File>Open.

Navigate to wherever you have saved the font. (I keep mine in a Font Folder within a Scrap Girls Folder on an EHD.) Unzip if necessary.

Open the unzipped folder until you reach the FILE/font name. At this point the folder may show, but the font file name may not be showing, so look down at the bottom of the page and if necessary, use the dropdown menu to be sure to show FILES OF TYPE- ALL FORMATS. (It likely opened with jpeg showing as files of type.)

Once the FONT FILE NAME is showing, right click on it and choose INSTALL from within the dialog box.

Go to the TEXT TOOL and look in the dropdown menu of all your installed fonts, and the newly installed font should be there.

Ooops... here's what I do.

In PSCS5 go to File>Open.

Navigate to wherever you have saved the font. (I keep mine in a Font Folder withing a Scrap Girls Folder on an EHD.) Unzip if necessary.

Open the unzipped folder until you reach the FILE/font name. At this point the folder may show, but the font file name may not be showing, so look down at the bottom of the page and if necessary, use the dropdown menu to be sure to show FILES OF TYPE- ALL FORMATS. (It likely opened with jpeg showing as files of type.)

Once the FONT FILE NAME is showing, right click on it and choose INSTALL from within the dialog box.

Go to the TEXT TOOL and look in the dropdown menu of all your installed fonts, and the newly installed font should be there.

thanks dot..you are great help and i love learning learning learning...cause once i know how to do something, like on vista i am an old dog and need to learn new tricks..now that i have windows 7 LOL

thanks dot..you are great help and i love learning learning learning...cause once i know how to do something, like on vista i am an old dog and need to learn new tricks..now that i have windows 7 LOL

Yes, they feel the need to change it up with every new version, don't they? It's for our own good, to keep our brains active. I guess.

So glad to read all this as my new laptop has windows 7 and I've not really had a chance to pull everything over onto it yet .... and I do love my fonts!!

Archived