Canon Eos T3i Vs Canon Eos D 60

Prisca

I am finally going to get a DSLR after yearning for one for at least the past 10 years. I have a Canon G7 which takes good pictures and a Nikon Coolpix S550. The small Nikon does not take pictures of the same quality as the Canon G7. I have had experience working with a Canon EOS DSLR at work a few years ago. Having read every review I could find on both cameras, I still cannot decide between the 2. My nephew has a T2i and I played with that at Christmas. Good camera also. One of the new features of both cameras is the tilt Screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Prisca

I am finally going to get a DSLR after yearning for one for at least the past 10 years. I have a Canon G7 which takes good pictures and a Nikon Coolpix S550. The small Nikon does not take pictures of the same quality as the Canon G7. I have had experience working with a Canon EOS DSLR at work a few years ago. Having read every review I could find on both cameras, I still cannot decide between the 2. My nephew has a T2i and I played with that at Christmas. Good camera also. One of the new features of both cameras is the tilt Screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Prisca

Prisca -

Either would be an excellent choice. In late 2009, I upgraded from the Canon G7 to the Rebel T1i and absolutely love it. With that said, the differences in the two cameras are -

The 60D will be a little bigger and heavier

The 60D is capable of doing more frames per second

The 60D has a little more advanced auto-focus features

The T3i has a zoom capability while shooting video that the 60D lacks

The T3i has more advanced auto features, it is geared toward beginners

The image quality from either will be nearly identical. They are both great cameras with the ability to produce lovely photos.

When I got my Rebel, I could have went with the 50D or 7D, but opted for the Rebel as I am older and the size and ease of use were most appealing to me. I get fantastic pictures and have never regretted my choice.

Be forewarned - this is a very $$ hobby - I have since upgraded my lens, purchasing a few additional ones for different scenarios, purchased a Speedlite, and a tripod. Sometimes I think I should have just stayed with the G-series - LOL. But seriously, if you enjoy photography and building your skills, you can't go wrong with either camera.

Perhaps if you went to a Best Buy or something and handles them both.

Good luck and let us know what you get!

[quote name='michgirl' timestamp='1301752253' post='920814'

]Thanks for the info and personal experience. I went to Best Buy this morning and handled them both. The 60D with the 18-135 lens was quite heavy. That tilt screen is incredible! The T3i only comes in the kit with the standard lens and was much, much lighter. Guess I'll go to a camera store and play with them without the security equipment attached to them at Best Buy. I appreciate you taking the time to input your knowledge of the cameras!

Prisca

Prisca

Prisca -

Either would be an excellent choice. In late 2009, I upgraded from the Canon G7 to the Rebel T1i and absolutely love it. With that said, the differences in the two cameras are -

The 60D will be a little bigger and heavier

The 60D is capable of doing more frames per second

The 60D has a little more advanced auto-focus features

The T3i has a zoom capability while shooting video that the 60D lacks

The T3i has more advanced auto features, it is geared toward beginners

The image quality from either will be nearly identical. They are both great cameras with the ability to produce lovely photos.

When I got my Rebel, I could have went with the 50D or 7D, but opted for the Rebel as I am older and the size and ease of use were most appealing to me. I get fantastic pictures and have never regretted my choice.

Be forewarned - this is a very $$ hobby - I have since upgraded my lens, purchasing a few additional ones for different scenarios, purchased a Speedlite, and a tripod. Sometimes I think I should have just stayed with the G-series - LOL. But seriously, if you enjoy photography and building your skills, you can't go wrong with either camera.

Perhaps if you went to a Best Buy or something and handles them both.

Good luck and let us know what you get!

Archived